Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2006, 04:13 PM   #31
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by camperjen
Science REFUSES to acknowledge any connection, though there are Mamas all around the globe who have seen the effects in their young ones firsthand.
Me! I have 2 children damaged by vax's! My boys will not have any more shots!!!!!

We are in the process of following legal proceedures for special accomidations for Tiffany (who is ADHD and Asperger's) Both on the Autisim spectrum. She has problems that are horribly damaging to her self-esteem as is and I am furious with the FDA for saying that vax's are safe!

Now, we feel it's our responsibility to be the voice for our children and do our own investigations in regards to what the dr's are telling us is right. I don't trust everything the dr says, I take it all with a grain of salt. But ultimately, parents have the say, parents are the responsible party and it's the parents AND the child who lives with the decisions made. We are living with our regrets of NOT educating ourselves on vaxinations, how they are made, why we get them, are they really necessary and are there natural ways of taking care of natural diseases and illnesses? Nature provides a way for all living creatures, humans are no exception.

Getting off my soap box now, before I offend somebody.

Advertisement

keegans_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:26 PM   #32
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvetpage
As for the rise in the number of cases - well, PDD has only really been diagnosed consistently for about twenty years. Most of what is now diagnosed as PDD/autism wasn't even recognized as a disorder when I was a child. Increased and improved diagnosis accounts for the rise in numbers, without any corresponding rise in actual cases.
Not to be cheaky or anything but do you realize that Mercury is a well known neurotoxin? It stays within the body and poisons the brain. Yes, there are other ways to get mercury poisoning but do we have to purposefully inject ourselves with it? The FDA finally admited that they screwed up and it's now banned but too late for us. 2 children on the autisim spectrum!

As for Autisim and those on the spectrum, 1 in 6 children are on the spectrum, that number has risen greatly in recent years! Although the number is just NOW decreasing since thermisol/mercury was banned by the FDA in 1998 but alot of doctors still were using the stores of thermisol/mercury tainted vax's until as late as 2003!

And as for the question of why un-vax'd children sometimes end up on the autisim spectrum: do you have almagam's (mercury fillings?) Did YOU have your vax's? Do you eat fish? Where do you work? Is it someplace where there is paint? Exhaust? Pollutants and toxins? These things build up in the parents bodies for years and years and these things are passed on to the growing baby inside the mother. That could be an explanation for un-vax'd children being on the autisim spectrum

Ok, I am done
Old 05-03-2006, 04:48 PM   #33
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

More power to you, mama! Tell it like it is and let the truth be known. Thanks for your experienced info on this heavy issue, which makes me so sad. I get really emotional with these vax threads, so I'm done now, too.

I am praying for our children to overcome all the obsticles of this corrupt modern world. I have complete faith in them, too!
Old 05-03-2006, 04:52 PM   #34
Drummer's Wife
Registered Users

to Keegans mom thanks for sharing your story, as horrible as it is other's will benefit from knowing what you are going thru.

I also tend to get emotional with this issue as it's something I feel very passionate and angry about so I am sorry if I offended anyone.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:52 PM   #35
Velvetpage
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLove

My ds had whooping cough, but he survived and is fine now, (thank goodness). He healed naturally with herbal and homeopathic remedies. I didn't take him to a docter, and never regretted not vaxing. IMO, the risks involved with shots are worse than the risks of the diseases they are supposedly giving immunity for. After knowing that a cat was microchipped with a shot, I don't trust 'em one bit.

You were very lucky. I know of a few infants who have died of whooping cough, mostly when I was a child. I have a friend in California who decided not to go to a baby shower for a preemie of her acquaintance, just last winter. That baby's immune system was already in bad shape from being premature. It turns out my friend had whooping cough. That baby would almost certainly have died if she had contracted that disease. The friend lost out on a promotion and was sick for several months - and it was pure, dumb luck that she's not involved with any tiny babies, who could have died from it.
Velvetpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:56 PM   #36
Drummer's Wife
Registered Users

Quote:
You were very lucky. I know of a few infants who have died of whooping cough, mostly when I was a child. I have a friend in California who decided not to go to a baby shower for a preemie of her acquaintance, just last winter. That baby's immune system was already in bad shape from being premature. It turns out my friend had whooping cough. That baby would almost certainly have died if she had contracted that disease. The friend lost out on a promotion and was sick for several months - and it was pure, dumb luck that she's not involved with any tiny babies, who could have died from it.
Just curious, how old were these infants? The DTaP vax is not given before 6 months and that is when the risk of death or complications is greatest so I'm not sure that having the shot would have made any difference.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:57 PM   #37
Velvetpage
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegans_mommy
Not to be cheaky or anything but do you realize that Mercury is a well known neurotoxin? It stays within the body and poisons the brain. Yes, there are other ways to get mercury poisoning but do we have to purposefully inject ourselves with it?
Of course we don't. That's why we opt for the thimersol-free vaccines. But it seems silly to me to plug that one, tiny hole in exposure, while gushing torrents of environmental toxins are pouring through. I'm sorry for your troubles, I really am. But there's no proof that vaccines contributed to them, since, as you say, there are plenty of environmental sources available. And all of that is assuming that mercury poisoning is actually responsible for autism - the link has been posited but not proven.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:59 PM   #38
Velvetpage
Registered Users

The outbreak happened because fewer people were getting vaccinated, thereby raising the number of cases in the general population and raising the overall risk of exposure. As I said before, it's not just about the kids themselves - it's about societal protection. The best way to protect a tiny baby is to make sure they never come in contact with the disease in question, and the best way to ensure that is if everyone around them is vaccinated.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:00 PM   #39
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

velvetpage-I understand your POV, I use to be you and have the same exact passion FOR vax, until we were given children who had reactions to the vax, the ones that are suppose to protect our children. And then I have researched everything I can find and talked to the medical community about why we NEED them (leaving what we have been taught all our lives) and we mostly don't need them and most adults are NOT currently vax'd as our childhood vax's are NOT up to date. Most adults are not covered in that area.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:03 PM   #40
Drummer's Wife
Registered Users

Quote:
The outbreak happened because fewer people were getting vaccinated, thereby raising the number of cases in the general population and raising the overall risk of exposure. As I said before, it's not just about the kids themselves - it's about societal protection. The best way to protect a tiny baby is to make sure they never come in contact with the disease in question, and the best way to ensure that is if everyone around them is vaccinated.
So would you keep a baby away from everyone? First of all there is no way to know the vax status of every child you come in contact with. 2nd as Keegan's mom just said the majority of adults are not current as far as booster shots... so I guess stay away from grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc... Even if they were vax'd at some point they more then likely have lost the possible immunity not to mention that a ton of fully vaccinated people get whooping cough every year. Plus the number of vax's we received as children is far less then what children are injected with now.

oh and there is a higher chance of complications and death from the DTaP vax then there is of dying from pertussis. I'd much rather take the less risky option.

And as far as the rest of the population, my children come first, I have to put their best interest before other's. And there is no way I'll let them be used as experiments for vaccines. Really it will be years before we know the entire truth.

Last edited by Drummer's Wife; 05-03-2006 at 05:07 PM.
Drummer's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote