Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2006, 05:07 PM   #41
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvetpage
Of course we don't. That's why we opt for the thimersol-free vaccines. But it seems silly to me to plug that one, tiny hole in exposure, while gushing torrents of environmental toxins are pouring through. I'm sorry for your troubles, I really am. But there's no proof that vaccines contributed to them, since, as you say, there are plenty of environmental sources available. And all of that is assuming that mercury poisoning is actually responsible for autism - the link has been posited but not proven.

But did you realize that in testing children within the autisim spectrum, high levels of heavy metals are found in their systems?

My oldest DD was born in 1995, the next in 1999 but the vax's were still being given through 2003 WITH thermisol/mercury. There are other nasties in vax's too, even though those preservatives have been removed. I wonder what they cause. Regardless, if a person who's already got sensitivities to several things in life were injected with what the FDA says is a "safe" level of heavy metals, what do we all expect should happen to that person?

Even my DH, who had a mercury/thirisol tainted flu shot this past january, said that after the shot he experience a "brain fog", severe lack of concentration and he became a different person in our marriage. He was diagnosed with ADHD as a child so he's already on the autisim spectrum. AFTER we made our findings we did a detox for ourselves and he has stated a HUGE difference in brain funtion and he is such a better person! Our marriage was NOT going to make it as it stood. That sold me.

Advertisement

keegans_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:52 PM   #42
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

I have no desire to get in the middle of this debate, as most people tend to get nasty, but I do want to add that I also am offended by those who think they are more responsible parents for getting shots for their kids. We all want the best for our children, for some this may mean getting vaxed and for others it may not be. We shouldn't make each other feel like bad parents because of these choices.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:55 PM   #43
lovemygirls
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveblessings
I have no desire to get in the middle of this debate, as most people tend to get nasty, but I do want to add that I also am offended by those who think they are more responsible parents for getting shots for their kids. We all want the best for our children, for some this may mean getting vaxed and for others it may not be. We shouldn't make each other feel like bad parents because of these choices.

ITA with you Sheila!!

This was not my intent to start a debate at all, I just wanted some information on a delayed vax schedule.

Ginger

Last edited by lovemygirls; 05-03-2006 at 08:52 PM.
lovemygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:07 PM   #44
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

Ginger-Just by you asking for information makes you a responsible question, IMHO!

I do apologize if I crawled underneath the skin of some of the participants here. I tend to let emotion get in the way with this topic as it's near and VERY dear to my heart.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:44 PM   #45
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegans_mommy
Ginger-Just by you asking for information makes you a responsible question, IMHO!

I do apologize if I crawled underneath the skin of some of the participants here. I tend to let emotion get in the way with this topic as it's near and VERY dear to my heart.
Oh it wasn't you that crawled underneath our skin!
Old 05-04-2006, 05:26 AM   #46
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

Ginger, I what I MEANT to say was "you asking questions makes you a responsible PERSON" Not a responsible "question" No wonder you were confused

Rachele-I am glad, I was a bit concerned after I settled down and wondered how much damage I did,
Old 05-04-2006, 06:50 AM   #47
Velvetpage
Registered Users

I think I said somewhere further up the thread that I respected people's right to make their own decision, but I have a hard time respecting the decision itself. That's as close as I can come on this one, honestly. I've seen this from the other side - the side where a child was exposed because the people around her refused vaccinations, and nearly died of it. So I'm pretty passionate about this, too.

That said, I debate opinions, not personalities, and no offense is meant in any direction, ever. If I implied otherwise, I apologize.
Velvetpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:52 AM   #48
Velvetpage
Registered Users

As it is mine - are we at the point where we need to agree to disagree? I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else, but when I get into my letter-to-the-editor mode, it takes a lot to dig me out.
Velvetpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 05:33 PM   #49
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have to wonder why Velvetpage is considered to be getting under others skins? She has openly and fully explained why she fully supports vax's. On the same hand...so have all the other mama's that are against vax's or delayed vax's. Is passion only allowed if you are protesting something? I just don't understand why it is ok to say "I wouldn't dare inject something harmful into my baby"(which is very much what I am NOT doing) but not ok to say that "as a responsible parent I chose to vax" Both statesments acually point negative fingers at the other...but it's only being "outed" on one side. I strongly disagree with that...lets be consistent...either it's ok to say/imply that one is wrong or it's not...for both sides.

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:06 PM   #50
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvetpage
I am not convinced that thimersol is a good idea, but I'm absolutely convinced that the diseases being vaccinated against are more of a risk than the thimersol. The reason modern western nations have such an incredibly low infant and child mortality rate can be credited to the massive vaccination programs of the last fifty years.
Ummmm, we don't have an incredibly low infant & child mortality rate. In fact, for a modern western nation, the US has an appalling rate. We are near the bottom of the list out of 33 industrialized nations, higher only than Latvia!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060509/...NlYwN5bmNhdA--

Also, you said measles is the disease most harmful to a pg woman - actually, it is rubella. We don't vax, but respect people's decision, based on doing your research and asking questions! If you read about the ingredients of vaccines and how little the long-term effects have been tested, but still feel your contribution to herd immunity is more important, then that's your personal choice for your family. I agree that herd immunity is good (in theory), but not at the expense of my child. I don't know *anybody* who has either contracted or been seriously ill from any of the diseases we have vaccines for (aside from chicken pox) - well, my dh had measles and my dad had measles, mumps, rubella and pertussis (whooping cough) - and let me tell you - he is absolutely the healthiest person I know! To me, that is a great advertisement for building a child's immunity naturally.
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote