Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-01-2006, 08:07 AM   #1
Registered Users
part-time cd-ers...

what do you do for pails? if we keep up with cd, i'm pretty sure it will be part time, but do you have two different pails, where, how, etc?

trinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:11 AM   #2
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
My Mood:
Re: part-time cd-ers...

I CD only during the day, but that means I normally only have one disposable per day. I just throw that in with the kitchen garbage so the nursery doesn't smell. I also keep a very small trash can in the nursery for just in case (normally it's only used for tags removed from new clothing ).

Bugaboo Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:17 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

DJ wears cloth at home and sposies at Grandma's when I'm working. What we've always done with the sposies is just keep a grocery bag hanging on the doorknob next to the changing table. Believe it or not, you get a lot less stink that way than with any pail I've tried. If there's a really bad diaper, it can be taken out right away...otherwise, a grocery bag lasts a day or so which is not bad.

When I switched to cloth, I got a bunch of CD "stuff" off of freecycle and one of the items was a diaper pail. I was using it at first, but it got unbearably stinky a few weeks ago so I was letting it air out and just hanging the wetbag on the doorknob in the meantime and I noticed that the CDs stink a lot less that way too! Now I have the wetbag and the trash bag both hanging on the doorknob. The cute little diaper stacker that matches the nursery decor (thanks to my MIL...who really cares???) holds the sposies so that I can put one on him in the morning and the CDs are in baskets on the shelves of the changing table (well, in theory anyway...they frequently wind up in the crib waiting to be folded/sorted or stacked in the rocking chair waiting to be properly put away, etc.!)
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:34 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I only CD part time, when I'm home at night and all the time on the weekend.

I do have 2 pails, one a regular diaper pail with a trash bag for the sposies and a trash can with a lid with a wet bag in it for the CDs.

I have a diaper stacker that I use to keep the sposies in, and the CDs are stacked on the bottom shelf of the changing table.
Joy-Mommy to Delaney & furbabies Kiwi (cat), Angel Oscar (July 1999-3/25/08), Boozer & Harmony(Boxers)
havanadaydreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:51 AM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

I use cloth unless we're going out for an extended period of time. I learned the hard way that cloth and going out don't mix for me, I forget and leave the dirty diapers in my van! Yuck. So, I have 2 pails. I have my CD pail in the same room as the changing table (my room). I have a CD pail but a regular lidded trash can would work just as well. I use a Bummis wet bag which I LOVE. That pail has no smell unless opened and when I do dipes every day there's no smell at all. For sposies I have a Diaper Champ which I could do without. It stinks all the time even with flushing poops. We're going to find a new system once we move.

To hold diapers I have a diaper organizer for sposies. My changing table is also a dresser so I keep my CD in the top drawer. They're going to overflow to the second drawer soon though!
DD's - Katie (8/19/04) and Dakota (8/30/05)
DS - Zac (9/19/06)
ttatink is offline   Reply With Quote