Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2006, 07:15 AM   #1
imommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help me with a velcro question

Hi ladies! I have a diaper that needs some velcro fixed on the front of it. It has aplix (think HH) and the loop part is coming off on the front of the diaper. How do I fix this? Should I hand sew it or what?

Also, the aplix is really pilly. Is there a way I can take it off completely and redo it (which would fix the above problem)? I have aplix already...just need to know if this is doable and how I do it ?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 05-02-2006, 08:46 PM   #2
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help me with a velcro question

Well....I would stick the pocket on the free arm of my sewing mahcine(free arm into the pcoket) and sew the aplix back on. But I would use a big zig zag. Make SURE to use poly thread

You could replace the fleece inside...

Rip out all the seams...use the PUL as a pattern and cut a new piece and sew it all back together. The diaper may not fix exactly like it did (you might sew the elastic tighter or looser than the maker did) but the fit should be similar.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:55 AM   #3
MomsHelpingMoms
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
seller

Re: Help me with a velcro question

I am in the process of fixing my velcro. I hadn't (until recently) bought the aplix and have been using Joannes velcro. Needless to say, it sucks! I have lots of wonderful aplix and I just took very small trimming sissors and cut out the stitching holding the velcro in place. The tabs will be easy for me to redo, but the loop closure looks pretty tricky. I don't think that you have to redo the PUL. Work with what you have. Slide the free arm of your sewing maching into the pocket and sew on some new aplix.

This is what I did~before sewing on the new aplix, and after ripping out all of the old velcro, I threw the diaper into the dryer to fluff up all of the fleece and close holes on the PUL. Then I sewed on the aplix. I use Fabri-Tac to go over my stitching on the wrong side of the diaper to prevent wicking through the holes. I hope that this works for you too!

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote