Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-30-2006, 09:17 PM   #1
platup
Registered Users
seller

Help me pick a fitted to try.

Ok ladies,
Real quick before my bedtime..... FBs during the day...workin' out great, but DD is a SERIOUS night wetter. She will fill an entire sposie. I am thinking fitteds and covers. I'm pretty much deciding on the Bummi cover for starters and then having mom make me some wool ones later but what I need help with is figuring out fitteds now that I know what they are. I think we'll get a better fit around the legs...she's skinny....and I need any tips for sizing too.

Thanks mamas!!! YOU ROCK!

Advertisement

Old 07-30-2006, 09:22 PM   #2
momtokimmilise
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help me pick a fitted to try.

What inserts are you using in the FB? A pocket is often only as good as the insert(s) you use in them .

To answer your question: VERY BABY SIMPLY NIGHTS!!! Fitteds didn't work out so well for us, but if I were to keep one, it would be that one! My DD is a heavy wetter and it was the only fitted that wasn't completely soaked to the snaps ... it is an EXCELLENT choice! HTH!
momtokimmilise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:27 PM   #3
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

Have you tried stuffing your Fb w/ 2 Mf inserts? That's our nighttime diaper, and I've never had a leak.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:28 PM   #4
beepsmnms
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can I vote for my night time fitted pockets, made from hemp fleece outer and sherpa or whatever you want. It comes with a tri fold soaker and a doubler topped in microfleece to keep the bunz dry.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:28 PM   #5
platup
Registered Users
seller

My concern with the FBs isn't the insert, it's the legs. I am using mediums. She measures a 10.5in thigh, but there is a gap there. Doesn't seem to be a problem during the day (well the one day so far) even at naptime but she's not really a heavy wetter until at night. She's a pretty light wetter all day. I'm concerned if I put ANOTHER insert in for nighttime, the whole dipe will not cup around her legs enough and the pee will leak out. I probably need to try some small FBs, as I have these on the smallest snap setting and they fit around her chunky monkey belly but she seriously has the tiniest butt and legs....like her daddy...lol. I thought we'd get a better leg fit with a fitted and thought it was worth a shot....

FWIW, I have been using the MOE microfiber inserts and some IttyBittyBabyBunz Rainbow hemp inserts....I also have one cottonbabies MF insert. They all seem to be working well. I like them all so far. We'll see how tomorrow goes....
Old 07-30-2006, 09:30 PM   #6
beepsmnms
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...s:smiley_haha:
Old 07-30-2006, 09:31 PM   #7
platup
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by beepsmnms
Can I vote for my night time fitted pockets, made from hemp fleece outer and sherpa or whatever you want. It comes with a tri fold soaker and a doubler topped in microfleece to keep the bunz dry.
I appreciate the vote of confidence that I would know what in the world you meant by this! Ok, I need to know what a soaker is, a trifold soaker and a doubler are.... I think the only word I understood was bunz. Just jokin' I'm just jealous you mamas are so schooled on the lingo already and I'm still learning how to snap and wash the dang things! LOL.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:32 PM   #8
platup
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeemarie
Have you tried stuffing your Fb w/ 2 Mf inserts? That's our nighttime diaper, and I've never had a leak.
Not yet....what do yours look like around the legs? I might need to post some pics so you gals can help. The hemp insert at naptime was plenty, hmmm.....maybe I should put a pad down under her and give it a shot??
Old 07-30-2006, 09:36 PM   #9
beepsmnms
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by platup
I appreciate the vote of confidence that I would know what in the world you meant by this! Ok, I need to know what a soaker is, a trifold soaker and a doubler are.... I think the only word I understood was bunz. Just jokin' I'm just jealous you mamas are so schooled on the lingo already and I'm still learning how to snap and wash the dang things! LOL.
Lol... the tri fold soaker is a square of fabrics sewn together that when tri folded makes 9 very absorbent layers all together, it'd be 6 layers of hemp fleece when its tri folded, this gets stuffed inside the diaper, the doubler is 2 layers of hemp fleece topped with microfleece and would lay inside the diaper next to the "bunz" , total layers in this diaper are 14 with the diaper cuts, tri fold soaker and doubler.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:36 PM   #10
widdletigger
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was having the gaps at the leggs issues with our FB's and somone gave me the tip that we may have some wing droop issues. so now when I put him in them I am sure to pull the wings up high. I have not tried a FB at night but I do use a pocket at night and we definetly need 2 microfiber inserts to make it though the night, and even then if he sleeps in he usualy has a wet spot on his side.