Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-31-2006, 10:29 AM   #1
ravenonyx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am so frustrated! Need to vent.

I *love* cloth diapering. I'm really lucky that my DH does too, and he doesn't complain about the cost of cute diapers, either. I've gotten so on board with CDing (started about 3 months ago) that I've even "converted" 3 friends just with my enthusiasm and cute fluff!

And today I'm sitting here wanting to chunk it all out the window. I discovered about 6 weeks ago that the med. BK hemparoos fleece prefolds work wonderfully for us and fit all of our dipes (I have a supersoaker). It's impossible to find them used in any great quantity, so I tried a few different things in an attempt to save money.

Such a huge mistake

I spent over $40 on what turned out to be Jamtots. Not only do they not work for us, no one wants to buy them off me.

Figured they were the wrong size (too small, really) so bought some of the larger envelope quick-dry style Jamtots. HATE THEM.

I traded a bunch of things for Joeybunz. They didn't work, so I traded them for Bigger Weeds. (Which fit my large FB's great and absorb well). Well, now Rowan's gotten way too thinned out for the large FB's at all.

Finally, I took the gamble and bought a bunch of Thirsties seconds. Now, this is my fault because I didn't check the measurements well enough, but who on earth would assume "medium" would NOT fit a petite toddler FB?? It's 1.5" too long after all the prewashing and predrying! So that was another $45 mistake.

DH is upset with me because we spent so much and really *don't* have anything to show for it the past few weeks. We have ~13 usable diapers at the moment with inserts that work. I do have some wonderful AI2's coming from NBC, thankfully, but it will be awhile before I have those to add to our stash.

I hate having to just suck up and eat these costs, but what else can I do? I know for one thing, when I find something that works, I'm just buying it. I'm not going to screw around with other things anymore. Maybe I'll end up missing a couple cheaper options, but I won't be paying three times the full cost to end up with what works, either!

I have a headache.

Advertisement

Last edited by ravenonyx; 07-31-2006 at 11:03 AM.
ravenonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:36 AM   #2
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

Re: I am so frustrated! Need to vent.

That's frustrating.

Which thirsties did you get?
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:38 AM   #3
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mama! I know how you feel! I've not had the problem with inserts but i've wasted so much money trying different things!

I do have 5 med BK hemparoos i'll send you FFS. Another mama sent them to FFS so i'll do the same. They are not in the best shape but they DO get the job done. They are coming apart around the edges ~ some look worse than others. But they could help you out till you get some better ones maybe

they weigh a little over 1lb but they'll fit in a flatrate priority envelope for 4.05

LMK if you want them
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:43 AM   #4
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

((hugs))
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:45 AM   #5
ravenonyx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got the second quality Thirsties because it was such a good price. *Is* it just me, or is their sizing weird on the length?

Redheadedangels - sending you a PM. You are an angel too!
Old 07-31-2006, 11:54 AM   #6
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

If I can sell a diaper I've got up, and a few things I have on eBay I'd buy a few of the thirsties if you want to sell them. The mediums work great for my daughter (as prefolds) and son (as inserts for his XL FB).
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:57 PM   #7
ravenonyx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mama, that would be great. Just LMK. heck at least someone would get some use out of them.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:00 PM   #8
Bluemoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Do you have a serger? Or know someone who does? Have them ran threw the serger to make them the right size
Barbara
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:04 PM   #9
bamamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

aww mama...i'm so sorry

you bought some bigger BK Hemparoo pf's from me the other day...they fit for us in PT FB...Do they fit in yours?? And I wouldt mind trying a thirsties prefold either! I was gonna order one...
bamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:28 PM   #10
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

I would just keep listing them for sale (for a decent) price in the FSOT. I'm sure someone will want them!!

I'm sorry mama! That is SO frustrating!!