Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-31-2006, 02:24 PM   #11
ravenonyx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I am so frustrated! Need to vent.

I don't have a serger I'm going to ask my mom if she does. I am thinking though, since the large FB's don't fit for us, maybe I should sell the large fb's and include a thirsties with them? They fit in the large just fine.

Bama - how did you make those fit in the PT's? They are so big! I thought I'd just keep them since the BK prefolds in general work so well for us and they will probably do really well when she's larger. I could get them *in* by folding sideways, but then it was like they wouldn't bend in the middle, so she would pee out the side :/

Advertisement

ravenonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:50 PM   #12
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

I know how you feel. I have done the same thing.... Bought other stuff until I could afford what really works for us and I wish I would have just done it all at once and gotten it over with.

I hope somebody buys your stuff!
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:01 PM   #13
betty_joanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

What about just doing prefolds and covers?
I just bought some thirsties prefolds to try out and they were only $18 for six so you must have bought more than a dozen. I have indian prefolds and chinese prefolds that it like. I also just figured out my snappi. I wish i had tried all of this sooner.
I've made mistakes in buying also- 5 covers for $35 and elastics shot/really loose(not mentioned), $60 for 5 med fuzzibunz that are stained(one missing snaps), etc. Stuff like that. I was just new to cd and didn't know any better. Kwim. I think it happens to all of us before we smarten up about what is good and what works.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:14 PM   #14
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

HUGS mama!!
I am sooo sad you are frustreated.... I am going to ship out to you, as soon as i get back in town though. so only 2 more weeks... SOrry....
Hang in there though.... It takes a while to find the perfect system, but once you do.. WOW!!!

have you tried the regular prefold and cover route. I have found it to be simple and works great for us. I just actaully switched to more "modern" cd's after 3 1/2 years of opnly using pf and covers... They make a nice addition to any stash i think....
Old 07-31-2006, 07:21 PM   #15
bamamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenonyx

Bama - how did you make those fit in the PT's? They are so big! I thought I'd just keep them since the BK prefolds in general work so well for us and they will probably do really well when she's larger. I could get them *in* by folding sideways, but then it was like they wouldn't bend in the middle, so she would pee out the side :/

My ds is asleep right now with a PT FB and one of those big babykicks hemparoos in it. I dont fold it sideways..i fold it longways... and then just stuff it all the way to the front...then use your hand to smooth it out on the way out...and put it on her...then stretch the back up and around any excess..so the fb completely covers the pf. It works every night!! The stretchiness of the FB really compensates for any extra that might want to stick out...

If you want me to do pics, then i will gladly do so.

And if you decide you hate them, would you pls sell them back to me?? Thanks!! I have been having sellers remorse a bit...my ds is such a heavy wetter!!
bamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:26 PM   #16
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hugs! I was where you are a few weeks into cloth. I was sure I would never figure out what worked for us. It seems like you've stumbled upon a couple that work. Stay at selling your stuff. The one thing I've learned is that what works for one doesn't for another. So there is a market for almost anything if it's priced right. Hang on to your inserts though, because I'm finding it so nice to be able to reach for something more absorbant and not kick myself for selling it. Those joey bunz make work with a fb if you top them with microfiber.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:36 PM   #17
ravenonyx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Heh, I'm still getting the hang of replying on non-threaded posts.

Bama - I'll sell them back if you'd like them; that sounds like it might help us both out! I've tried what you're describing, but they still end up coming out the back for me? PM me?

Tara - thank you

Betty - I honestly haven't been taken with covers and prefolds. I really like the pockets, and have some AI2's on the way from NBC to try I think the biggest obstacle on P&C is DH; he won't use anything he has to do baby origami with (as he calls it.. lol.) Who knows, though? I won't completely rule it out - and the BK's that I do have will work as prefolds for her if I decide to give it a shot. Do I need a waterproof cover, or is that something I can try wool over? (and yeah, I got 13 thirsties, enough to do my PT FB's).

Nothing - really mama, take your time it is okay I just had a "bad cloth day" as you so aptly put it, and needed to vent. DH has suggested that I wait to get your AI2's, and then if we really like them, sell the FB's with the thirsties as included inserts, and buy more AI2's or medium FB's and hemparoo prefolds. So, I think we will make it work.

The positive side, I guess? I have a frugal forum on Delphi, and this HAS given me a lot of material to review on absorbency, fit, etc. that hopefully will help other people on my forum. Just gotta look at the bright side.

Thank you everyone, it's been a long, long day, but I feel a little better now.
ravenonyx is offline   Reply With Quote