Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-31-2006, 01:59 PM   #11
skayers01
Registered Users

Re: How to "plan" the sex of your baby...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
from what ive read, male sperm-y- swim alot faster and live a shorter time while female-x- swim slower yet live longer. SO
chart and see when your going to "o" and have sex 2-3 days before so the males are in there and will die off and leave only the XX sperm in there to find your egg.

I've heard that too! I also heard somethig about whether you eat peanut butter or drink coffee. I have a 160z double shot iced mocha everyday of my life, and I have a dd and ds!

Advertisement

Last edited by skayers01; 07-31-2006 at 02:01 PM.
skayers01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:00 PM   #12
Watercolor Ponies
Professional, Proficient, PeeWell Procurer (or anything else you want me to stalk!)
seller

My Mood:

So I assume that you cannot do this if you are on any sort of BC, it defeats the purpose, right?
Watercolor Ponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:12 PM   #13
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMer
So I assume that you cannot do this if you are on any sort of BC, it defeats the purpose, right?
yeah, you'd have some pretty wacky charts if you were on BCP. although i have suggested to some of my friends who were going to start charting to "practice" while still on BCP so you get into the habit of temping every morning. charting is fun, i miss it. i'm on the mini pill for a little while longer, but after my son really gets into solids, i think i have more confidence in charting while we're trying to avoid a pregnancy.

i think that charting is a GREAT way to get pregnant, and i've always heard that if you want a girl you should avoid having sex within about three days of ovulation. so obviously this is harder than trying for a boy! i think if you have a good idea of how many days you see egg white cervical fluid BEFORE you actually ovulate, that can help when trying for a girl. you'll have better luck if you have more "egg white" days. i highly recommend Taking Charge of Your Fertility.

but you know, it's probably about a 50/50 chance anyway!
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:22 PM   #14
Watercolor Ponies
Professional, Proficient, PeeWell Procurer (or anything else you want me to stalk!)
seller

My Mood:

So I was reading the FF website, and it looks as charting is pretty easy after you get the hang of it. But it looks as though the chart they provide tells you when to ttc after your body has ovulated? The way it looks, at least to me, you input your info, it puts it on the chart, but how can it tell you to have sex at a certain time until after you have entered your info? Is this just basically a means to help you guess the next month when you will be ready?
Old 07-31-2006, 02:25 PM   #15
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMer
So I was reading the FF website, and it looks as charting is pretty easy after you get the hang of it. But it looks as though the chart they provide tells you when to ttc after your body has ovulated? The way it looks, at least to me, you input your info, it puts it on the chart, but how can it tell you to have sex at a certain time until after you have entered your info? Is this just basically a means to help you guess the next month when you will be ready?
It helps *you* figure that out so you'll know for the next month. Your body should be doing about the same thing every month at about the same time, kwim?
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:30 PM   #16
Watercolor Ponies
seller

My Mood:

Where is the lightbulb icon? Thanks Ok, I still want to har the weird ways you all have heard how to get one sex or another!!
Old 07-31-2006, 03:42 PM   #17
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Amusingly enough - I'm not sure if you saw this or not - this was on my MSN homepage today: http://lifestyle.msn.com/FamilyandPa...umentid=621017
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:42 PM   #18
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

I don't really know of any old wives tales about getting a certain sex. But, I have seen a TON of those Chinese gender calander things. There are quite a few out there that are supposed to be "pretty accurate". I looked at them once, and they were right for both of my boys.

But, again, I don't know if I find any truth to stuff like that. It never hurts to try though, right!!

Old 07-31-2006, 03:51 PM   #19
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Yah, the chinese gender charts were right for me, too - although it doesn't predict multiples, LOL, it was still right. I guess you could look ahead to whatever month you wanted to try and go by that...
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 04:24 PM   #20
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The Chinese Calendar thing is CRAPOLA! ALL 4 of my pregnancies SHOULD have been girls according to their chart! Plus some say their age is actually your lunar age or something so its at your conception not birth and even then 2 of my pregnancies should have been girls! LOL I was so excited with my last pregnancy because it said the month before and the month after PLUS the month we supposedly conceived in were all Girl months! WRONG!! Boy all the way!! I have a friend who swears by her method and has 2 girls and 1 boy to prove it but I'm not really up for experimenting for that sake! LOL