Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-17-2007, 12:59 AM   #401
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: New Look For DS - Announcement Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistylaureena View Post
I was thinking to maybe make the side info smaller you could put the report triangle back over by the post number and the green online dot up by the username??
agreed. i dont like where the online button is

Advertisement

Old 11-17-2007, 02:33 AM   #402
wittymomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow... for it being a free site there sure is a lot of griping huh!!

I for one absolutely LOVE it!! I LOVE the colors I LOVE the logo (btw I dont see any boobs or butt so that must of already gotten changed)

I do see feedback... Easy to click on too unlike the old one where you had to hoover and click and. whatever. lol. I do not see the live thing yet but I am going to go looking for it :-)

I LOVE the new changes!! Thanks for making them and thanks for keeping this site Free!! :-)
Old 11-17-2007, 10:54 AM   #403
iKim
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm falling in love with Juan.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:14 PM   #404
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I read the first 6.5 pages of this thread but haven't read the ones from the last day or so. Unfortunately I missed the first "new" logo but I like this one. Of course, I also liked the diapers on a line...

I think that most of my concerns have already been expressed...primarily the color scheme. There is not sufficient contrast to make the screen easy to read and I hope this gets remedied sooner rather than later.

One thing that I'd like to suggest as you're considering changes for the future of the site is subforums for WAHM Wares. Actually, what I think I'd like to see is a WAHM subforum under each category of FSOT. The WAHM Wares forum moves so fast that when you post something, it can be on page 3 within a couple of hours and we have such an awesome variety of WAHMs that it's often hard to find what you're looking for. I'd also like to see a crafter/hobbyist forum in addition to WAHM Wares. I'm not a WAHM trying to run a business from my crafts so I don't have a huge stock or regular stockings. I'm a hobbyist. My items may not be perfect because I'm not a professional seamstress but they are not priced like the "professional" items either. I'm a hobbyist who sometimes likes to sell a few things for a little extra cash and I'd love to see others like myself in addition to the WAHMs who are running businesses.

Also, I appreciate how hard you've worked to remove some of the less appropriate ads and I do understand the reason we have so many ads these days, but I do still think the ads are intrusive and overwhelming and I miss the WAHM ads we used to have at the top of every page.

This is somewhat addressed to the mods but to others as well. The biggest thing I miss is the community that I joined a few years ago. The attitudes and snarkiness and bickering that I see every time I log on lately is a bigger turn-off than the glam.com ads and hard-to-read colors. I'm not talking about censorship or hand-smacks or banning people...I just miss a site where everyone for the most part got along and tried to help each other. I don't feel that from the members here anymore. I'm doing my part to bring that back so hopefully even as we continue to grow, we can move more in that direction. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Admins, thank you for the work you do. I think you're learning this community little by little and hopefully we can get beyond the us and them and work together to make this site the best it can be.
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:35 PM   #405
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoster2000 View Post
I read the first 6.5 pages of this thread but haven't read the ones from the last day or so. Unfortunately I missed the first "new" logo but I like this one. Of course, I also liked the diapers on a line...

I think that most of my concerns have already been expressed...primarily the color scheme. There is not sufficient contrast to make the screen easy to read and I hope this gets remedied sooner rather than later.

One thing that I'd like to suggest as you're considering changes for the future of the site is subforums for WAHM Wares. Actually, what I think I'd like to see is a WAHM subforum under each category of FSOT. The WAHM Wares forum moves so fast that when you post something, it can be on page 3 within a couple of hours and we have such an awesome variety of WAHMs that it's often hard to find what you're looking for. I'd also like to see a crafter/hobbyist forum in addition to WAHM Wares. I'm not a WAHM trying to run a business from my crafts so I don't have a huge stock or regular stockings. I'm a hobbyist. My items may not be perfect because I'm not a professional seamstress but they are not priced like the "professional" items either. I'm a hobbyist who sometimes likes to sell a few things for a little extra cash and I'd love to see others like myself in addition to the WAHMs who are running businesses.

Also, I appreciate how hard you've worked to remove some of the less appropriate ads and I do understand the reason we have so many ads these days, but I do still think the ads are intrusive and overwhelming and I miss the WAHM ads we used to have at the top of every page.

This is somewhat addressed to the mods but to others as well. The biggest thing I miss is the community that I joined a few years ago. The attitudes and snarkiness and bickering that I see every time I log on lately is a bigger turn-off than the glam.com ads and hard-to-read colors. I'm not talking about censorship or hand-smacks or banning people...I just miss a site where everyone for the most part got along and tried to help each other. I don't feel that from the members here anymore. I'm doing my part to bring that back so hopefully even as we continue to grow, we can move more in that direction. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Admins, thank you for the work you do. I think you're learning this community little by little and hopefully we can get beyond the us and them and work together to make this site the best it can be.
Great post! I agree about the "snarkiness"- never used that word before...
I also agree about the WAHM stuff- I too am a hobbyist and I think I do a good job- but I don't consider it professionally done...
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:05 AM   #406
bugaboo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hay I like the new layout...I am just not crazy about the color. If I could change why I dont like it I would...trust me...I dont like that part about me either. As long as I can dim the screen...everything is great. I like the layout better now...it is easy to read

So, if I sounded like I was snarki...that was never my intent..Im sorry. I think my reason behind not likeing the color is diffrent then most though.
"Freedom is not Free"
bugaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:19 PM   #407
greenpea
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks for adding the new skin. the blue works better for me. One last request. There is some font that appears in both skins in a very light gray colour. Is it possible darken the gray or change to black? It is very hard to read. thanks kindly!!!!!!!!!
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Masset
greenpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:34 PM   #408
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpea View Post
Thanks for adding the new skin. the blue works better for me. One last request. There is some font that appears in both skins in a very light gray colour. Is it possible darken the gray or change to black? It is very hard to read. thanks kindly!!!!!!!!!
I agree...I think the blue skin looks great but the gray text on light background is still a problem for a lot of people. It's not a matter of not liking the look, it's just not sufficient contrast to be clearly visible to those without perfect vision. Great work and thanks for listening!
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:31 AM   #409
havanadaydreamin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just wanted to say that the new site takes FOREVER to load on my dial up at home. It is very annoying to say the least so I wish that you would take into account that high speed internet isn't available to everyone.