Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2007, 04:55 PM   #41
LittleHobbitsMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: LEE

I second Jen (op) completely. The whole thing seems so impersonal and commercial...and pink???? Come on!

Advertisement

Old 11-15-2007, 04:58 PM   #42
hippydippymama
Registered Users
seller

Wow, a lot happened while I was napping!

I don't like the new colors at all. I hate pink. Sorry, Lee.

Maybe we should have had a vote on what colors we'd like to see? I don't remember hearing anything about DS changing its look....so I was quite shocked to sign on and see this!
Old 11-15-2007, 05:00 PM   #43
firethorn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I logged on and I tried to find a way to change the color but to no avail.
I DONT like the pink/purple. I need the blue back. It just plain hurts my eyes.
I wonder. Will all these changes effect the site even more? I mean any time in a give day I cant even get on here.
I thought that would be more important than differant looks.
Anybody know if this is temporary or if its staying?
Lynn, wife to one crazy Indian, mum to 13 blessings under foot and 4 at God's feet,unschooling, animal loving, mountain girl, domestic eng., survivalist, extremely devoted, value a word given, hopeless dreamer, hard to please, easy to please, homeopathic Dr. mum, gov. hating freedom advocate, believer in love, apocalypse, dragons and unicorns,[URL="http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=870947"]
Old 11-15-2007, 05:03 PM   #44
Lunaria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Like other previous posters, I'd love to see other color skins available for us to use. Like another mama that posted on this thread, I wear glasses and because of my vision, I am having a horrible time straining my eyes to read and adjust to the way the forum now looks. I think the design is awesome, but another color option for us folks who have sensitive eyes would be terrific.

Oh yeah, and I totally thought the butt was a set of saggy boobs.

Freshly Knit Longies and Custom Orders Available!
Old 11-15-2007, 05:03 PM   #45
MJHARK
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Iovino View Post
I'm really dissapointed at what everyone is saying. I've been awake for 26 hours just today coding, tweaking, fixing and hopeing I was going to get to please some of you with the change, I was sadly mistaking. I will be working on new colors this weekend now and I'll try to have them ready by mon/tues. I gotta say though, you have taken all the fun out of this from me.

Stay tuned for more color options...
I am so sorry this has made it no fun for you, I totally understand. I almost took offense like it had been my work. I tried to stick up for you guys on that other thread, I was so appalled at all the negative comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfish_mom View Post
thank you Ken for speaking up. people don't always know what went into something when they start in. I know a lot of work was put in to this and I'm sorry you are disappointed in people. And I'm sure Lee's wife feels the same about all the negativity about the logo. But ugly never fails to rear its head. I say good job and thanks for working on some color options. Oh and go to sleep
Totally agree. Thanks so much, know that you are appreciated, even if it be the ones that are a little quieter in their opinions.

Marlene
Old 11-15-2007, 05:07 PM   #46
mariola
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wow, I went back and read all the posts... I don't remember last time reading so many 'not nice' comments I think no matter how much we like or dislike the updates, we need to understand that this wasn't done to upset anyone, the person working on it had the best intentions... My DH is a programmer so I totally know what it takes to do upgrades or changes. Nobody's honest work deserves such disrespectful comments...

Sorry if this is a bit harsh, but then most of the thread is like that... I hope Lee who worked hard on this upgrade will feel some appreciation for his work. (and yes, I don't like pink and the kissing add, but still...)
Old 11-15-2007, 05:08 PM   #47
Rannensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfish_mom View Post
you can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people all of the time.

Knit picking every single detail is getting out of hand. Since when is 2 people kissing sooo aweful? Didn't you do a litlle of that on your way to making your baby? And a babies butt is offensive and in bad taste? This is a sight that has a lot of talk about butts. And so what if it does look like breasts? How many of us are breastfeeding mothers? In public? the color is harsh and it was mentioned that there soon willo be options. relax
I quite agree. While ads in general are annoying, the kissing one isn't really inappropriate.
Why is it not okay to have a babys butt in the logo but some mommas here will post "graphic" pics of nursing or their baby's naked bum (which I also have no problem with btw...the nursing at least)
People who are looking for flaws are going to find them, no matter what. If you look at the w again, it almost looks like a pre pubescent vagina! Now you'll see it, but only because the thought was put in your head when you read this. When I first signed in I didn't even notice the butt!

I do agree on the colors, though I think they were trying to make it more femenine, which is nice of them. But painful on the eyes.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:08 PM   #48
firethorn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Its no disrespect to you and all your hard work. Its just that for many of us this is OUR place. Change is hard for most people. Especially when we are so used to a spot that we rely heavily on. It does not fit most of us and it was/is a real shocker.
And for the record it would be nice to maintain some "modesty" (for lack of a better word) in the advertising.
Please dont take the reactions personal. We realy do appreciate YOU. It is going to be hard to please us all.
My suggestion would be to stick with the original color (we are used to that) and it would help ease the other changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Iovino View Post
I'm really dissapointed at what everyone is saying. I've been awake for 26 hours just today coding, tweaking, fixing and hopeing I was going to get to please some of you with the change, I was sadly mistaking. I will be working on new colors this weekend now and I'll try to have them ready by mon/tues. I gotta say though, you have taken all the fun out of this from me.

Stay tuned for more color options...
Lynn, wife to one crazy Indian, mum to 13 blessings under foot and 4 at God's feet,unschooling, animal loving, mountain girl, domestic eng., survivalist, extremely devoted, value a word given, hopeless dreamer, hard to please, easy to please, homeopathic Dr. mum, gov. hating freedom advocate, believer in love, apocalypse, dragons and unicorns,[URL="http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=870947"]
Old 11-15-2007, 05:18 PM   #49
meowmixx3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ken I really love the way our avaters are on the sides now. The color is bright but honestly I love how its layed out now! You do awesome work!

And mama's cut him some slack...if you have ever recreated a website you would understand the amount of work that goes into it; its not just writing html. That being said you can't please everyone and since we aren't paying for use of this website; you can't expect them to really ask permission.

Don't flame..I'm just speaking my mind; but nicely.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:33 PM   #50
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmixx3 View Post
Ken I really love the way our avaters are on the sides now. The color is bright but honestly I love how its layed out now! You do awesome work!

And mama's cut him some slack...if you have ever recreated a website you would understand the amount of work that goes into it; its not just writing html. That being said you can't please everyone and since we aren't paying for use of this website; you can't expect them to really ask permission.

Don't flame..I'm just speaking my mind; but nicely.

Agreed. It's a forum not a country. Who said it was a democracy!! lol

Ken, thanks for all your hard work!! Don't let the comments get you down. Some of us think you're doing an amazing job!!

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
Closed Thread