Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2007, 05:34 PM   #51
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:
Re: LEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimb96 View Post
I don't care for the W butt thing either but I really have to say the ads are in poor taste. I thought this had been taken care of last time when we got upset about the sex ads on this site. I can live with any color but the sexy ads are extremely distasteful.

If you are referring to the famous butt and thong shot, to be fair that DIDNT come from DS. It came from the Proxy IP scrambler that Brenda was using. DS was hung to dry and it wasnt DS' fault.

Advertisement

Old 11-15-2007, 05:35 PM   #52
heluvsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kocho View Post

Agreed. It's a forum not a country. Who said it was a democracy!! lol

Ken, thanks for all your hard work!! Don't let the comments get you down. Some of us think you're doing an amazing job!!

Old 11-15-2007, 05:40 PM   #53
fallon
Black Sheep Boutique
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieBambino View Post
the purple hurts my eyes. I want the blue back. Or green, or brown. It does look sorta sexy.
I agree
Old 11-15-2007, 06:59 PM   #54
Kanga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, I am shocked at the b!tchyness of the some of the posters It's one thing to say "Great job and thank you for all the hard work. I feel I must give a little constructive criticism though. The purple/pink is hard on my eyes and gives me a headache after awhile. It'd be nice to have other skin options. Also, the butt for the "w" looks a little like a pair of breasts." And a completely different thing to say "OMG, what happened to the blue?!? I hate the pink/purple, it sucks!! Oh, and the 'w'?? It looks like a pair of saggy tits! I hate it and want the old forum back. Why didn't anyone ask the (non-paying) members what WE wanted." They still convey the same thing but in a way that's much more likely to get what you want. I have to say, if I were Ken or Lee, I'd be tempted to leave it as is just to spite people.

I like the purple, though I can see how it can be hard on the eyes for some people. I think maybe having the purple as the default so that's what the new members see first, and then another (darker) color as the default.

[COLOR="Red"]ISO: Girly Alva or Sunbaby OS for a mama on a budget.

Last edited by Kanga; 11-15-2007 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:09 PM   #55
felix23
Registered Users

Am I the only one that thinks it's funny that a bunch of men assumed that women would autimatically like pink/purple?
Old 11-15-2007, 07:37 PM   #56
Rannensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix23 View Post
Am I the only one that thinks it's funny that a bunch of men assumed that women would autimatically like pink/purple?
Maybe THEY liked it? It's their site after all

ETA: I'm sad the butt is gone And I like this layout. It's easier to navigate. I don't actually know who is behind the scenes here since I'm fairly new. But thanks for everyones work!
Old 11-15-2007, 07:47 PM   #57
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

I can't deal with this purple pink stuff. Its killing my eyes. Please give us another option on color, or change the blue back - I can't come here if staring at the screen is going to give me a headache.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:54 PM   #58
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Iovino View Post
I'm really dissapointed at what everyone is saying. I've been awake for 26 hours just today coding, tweaking, fixing and hopeing I was going to get to please some of you with the change, I was sadly mistaking. I will be working on new colors this weekend now and I'll try to have them ready by mon/tues. I gotta say though, you have taken all the fun out of this from me.

Stay tuned for more color options...

Don't let the ones who like to b*tch about anything and everything get you down. There are some of us who appreciate and understand how much work goes into coding. I know *I* wouldn't want to do it. Thank you Ken.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:55 PM   #59
CMommyof2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heluvsme View Post
I didn't see the ad...mine was totally innocent. And the "W" in Diaperswappers definitely looks like a baby's bottom, which is totally appropriate IMO

ETA~can't we be a bit more supportive here? Sheesh! Change is super hard on me but I'm at least going to give it a chance before I start squawking LOL
I agree. When I first came here the site was very confusing but I got the hang of it and I didn't even notice. The same with all of this new stuff I'll get used to it Oh I thought the butt was cute!

excuse my posts if they seem short or have typos
Old 11-15-2007, 08:00 PM   #60
Lilipop
Registered Users

Being the wife of a software architect/developer, I know the time and pains and cursing that when into doing this.. so.. I say GOOD JOB!!!