Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-31-2006, 09:43 PM   #1
augustgirl69
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
When you tell people you are PG do you go by

the number of weeks you really are or by the drs number of weeks? IE - the baby was conceived 18 days ago or 2 1/2 weeks but according to the dr I am 4 1/2 weeks PG based on LMP.

So what do you tell people? I havr done both.

Advertisement

Old 07-31-2006, 10:04 PM   #2
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:
Re: When you tell people you are PG do you go by

I just say I am XX number of months preggo (according to docs dates)

All docs go by LMP.....its just the way its done. I cant think of a way to say anything else without it coming out totally wrong and not how I mean it...so I will stop there.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:19 PM   #3
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

Right now I say I am 9 1/2 weeks. That is by what the dr says. Soon I will go by months.

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:01 AM   #4
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

Normally I just say I am X number of weeks (in the beginning) based on what the doc says. As I get further I say months. At this point I say anyday now LOL

I am still confused when I am actually due so we'll just see when Lilly arrives. I said I was due mid August, the ultrasound said the baby was x number of weeks (which would go along with what I thought) and the doc added 2 weeks to that. I tried to agrue but they don't listen ~ so, anyday now!!
Old 08-01-2006, 09:11 AM   #5
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I go by LMP number of weeks. They use the 40 week scale based on that...so thats what I say. Right now I am 22 weeks, however unpreggo people would be like HUh? So I would say I am 5 months pregnant. Month wise it never seems right to me...but I say it to make it easier on them..LOL

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:25 PM   #6
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon
I go by LMP number of weeks. They use the 40 week scale based on that...so thats what I say. Right now I am 22 weeks, however unpreggo people would be like HUh? So I would say I am 5 months pregnant. Month wise it never seems right to me...but I say it to make it easier on them..LOL

LOL, if I go based on LMP (which I know for certain was 10-31-05) I would be 39 weeks and 1 day. Hmm....odd that I know that is when I had my LMP but they say I am 40 weeks on 9-4-06 (making my LMP 11-29-06). Now I know that is wrong because I was at the doctor on Monday (I think the 5th of December) getting a pregnancy test. If i had a period wouldn't I have known I couldn't have been pregers?

Okay, enough thread highjacking ~ sorry!! It just fustrates me!!
Old 08-01-2006, 01:32 PM   #7
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

I use the weeks until I'm about 16 weeks, then start using the months. I will normally just use what the docs tell me from my LMP because it just prevents curiosity. As the "date" gets closer, I just tell people "whenever she's done cookin', I guess." as the answer to "So, when are you due?"

You get some really weird looks from people that don't understand that when you use weeks, the doc has tacked on that extra two weeks from your LMP to the length of time you're pregnant. Just imagine, your DH just left back on a deployment, he was only home for two weeks, one week later, you announce a new pregnancy, but you tell people "I'm four weeks." WTH??? So to avoid those "looks"... I don't announce a pregnancy until I can tell them "I'm three months."
Old 08-01-2006, 07:59 PM   #8
serena22304
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ive always said how many weeks i am. they usually dont question me anymore, but if they do then i will just say what month that week falls into
serena22304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:51 AM   #9
daisybaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madalexsmom
LOL, if I go based on LMP (which I know for certain was 10-31-05) I would be 39 weeks and 1 day. Hmm....odd that I know that is when I had my LMP but they say I am 40 weeks on 9-4-06 (making my LMP 11-29-06). Now I know that is wrong because I was at the doctor on Monday (I think the 5th of December) getting a pregnancy test. If i had a period wouldn't I have known I couldn't have been pregers?

Okay, enough thread highjacking ~ sorry!! It just fustrates me!!

Have you had an ultrasound? What does it say? That is really weird to be 1 month off!! If you go by your date, you're due any day now!
daisybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:44 AM   #10
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've always used weeks from LMP. I never use months because that's even confusing to me...however, if someone asks how far along I am...and they're unfamiliar with weeks...I either say "I'm #weeks pregnant and the average pregnancy is 38-42 weeks." or "I'm 1/4 of the way done" or 1/3 or 1/2, 3/4...whatever is most accurate.