Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-31-2006, 09:49 PM   #1
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:
How Would You Approach This??

For the last couple of weeks our 3yo DD has been sleeping in the same bed as her 6 yo brother.

A little background. Sometime last summer they started sharing a room,because we couldn't keep Sophie out of Ian's room. She had her own bed in the opposite corner and life was good.
This summer we go on vacation and spend every night with a different relative,this whole time Sophie insisted on finding Ian in the middle of the night and sleeping next to him. I assumed it was because she was used to having him close and it would end when we got home.

I'm really hoping it's some sort of comfort thing,but at the same time I feel like there is something really wrong with this.

Any thoughts?

Sarah

Advertisement

Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:39 PM   #2
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How Would You Approach This??

I was the same way. My parents purposely bought bunk beds for my brothers room knowing that I would end up in there every night. I always ended up with him in his bunk though. I think sometimes siblings are just like that. If he wasnt' home, I had to crawl in bed with my parents. I think maybe for me it was a security issue. I have always been rather close to my brother. I guess for me I was about 4 when it started. I don't see anything wrong with it, but only because I was the same way with my brother.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:43 PM   #3
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:

...and your just fine. I feel better hearing that. Of course I would have never put these post out anywhere else.
I feel much better about it now

Sarah
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:47 PM   #4
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

I used to sleep in the same room as my two brothers. I had my own room, but it was a comfort thing for me. I can't remember how long I did it for, but it was a while.

I turned out okay...I know that's debatable, but still.

I'm sure it's just a security/comfort thing, I wouldn't be too worried!

Last edited by masonite; 07-31-2006 at 10:48 PM.
masonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:01 PM   #5
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

i wouldn't worry about it either, unless your older child has a problem with it. it doesn't sound like he does, so no harm done! FWIW, i slept in the same bed as my brother (14 mos. older than me) until i was about five, and we slept in the same room until i was about eight. we've always been super close. i have three younger siblings and i would say that pretty much not a night went by from the time i was a toddler until the time i was 18 that someone didn't end up in my bed by morning, lol. i met my husband at 19, so i literally have only slept consistently in my own bed for like a year of my life!

this won't harm them, it sounds really sweet to me!
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:26 AM   #6
scatterbrainedmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fither

this won't harm them, it sounds really sweet to me!
yep! i was the same, cept i was the older sister and mt little brother slept with me. he was very tiny and said he was scared lol. we have the cutest pics with us snuggled together whem i was 7 and he was 3. we are close, but the roles are a little reversed. he is now protective of his bid sis
Old 08-01-2006, 02:02 PM   #7
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

My younger niece slept in the same bed as her older sister for a LONG time...like, until she was pre-teen...if for some reason myolder niece kicked her out, she'd go sleep with her parents. No matter what they did, she always got in bed with her sister. I think it's pretty normal for siblings.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:34 PM   #8
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think its great! Alot of older brothers won't have anything to do with a little sister. Before long they'll be screaming and fighting and hate each other (well not really but you kwim LOL?) so if they like sleeping together now i think its great its not like they are 12 and 15yos and sharing a bed.
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:18 PM   #9
shaykismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I slept with my big brother all the time when I was little because I would get scared in a big bed all by myself. I don't see anything wrong with it.