Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-01-2006, 12:26 AM   #1
skayers01
Registered Users

DS Teething a 3 mos???

I'm beginning to think my almost 3 mo. old son is teething. He's a really laid back guy, but these past few days he's been very attached to me (which is fine), but he's also been gnawing on his hands and when I try and nurse him he cries. I'm sitting here with him, it's 11:30pm and he's just chowing down on my thumb! Oh, he's also a drool monster!!! Could he teeth this early?!?!?

Advertisement

Old 08-01-2006, 02:20 AM   #2
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Re: DS Teething a 3 mos???

Sounds like it! DS #1 first tooth came out at 4 months, but he had been working on in for at least 1 month. Vitamins C & E always ease teething for my babies, but at your baby's age, I would take it myself and let baby get it in your milk.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:29 AM   #3
Watercolor Ponies
Professional, Proficient, PeeWell Procurer (or anything else you want me to stalk!)
seller

My Mood:

My best friends dd popper her first 4 teeth before she was 3 months old. the first one came in at about the 2 month mark. So it can happen. But I think it is rare. Try some Orajel and see if that soothes him a bit.
Watercolor Ponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:21 AM   #4
rpg_mommy
Registered Users

My DS got his first tooth at about 5 months, but I swear he was teething since 3. Constantly chewing and drooling and fussy. Good luck mama!
rpg_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:03 AM   #5
MommyMommyMommy
Registered Users
seller

My dd's first teeth came in when she was 3 months old. They both popped through together and she was no fun for a while! I also know for some kids teething is hard and will start weeks or a month before you actually see a tooth and for other kids a tooth will pop through that you didn't even know was coming.

What helps my 10 month old is to wrap an ice cube in a clean wash cloth and let him chew on it. The chewing and the cold really make his mouth feel better.

Good luck!
MommyMommyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:37 AM   #6
skayers01
Registered Users

Thanks mamas! Has anyone ever used an amber necklace? I want to try one, but am flat broke. I can wait until dh gets paid but still cannot spend $$ if it's not going to work. If anyone had one they could let me borrow/have that would be great!

Geez, my dd didn't teeth until she was much older!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:03 AM   #7
Mommyk8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD started about 4 month old and took until the end of seven month to actually cut the tooth. She did the same thing. Chewed her thumb and anything else she could get her mouth on and drooled allover the place. And she would be clingy for awhile then she wold be fine then clingy awhile. Sounds like he's starting to teeth.
Mommyk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:22 PM   #8
snowbird25ca
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep, sounds like teeth to me. Poor little guy..

Dd had 2 teeth by the time she was 4months old and even had her 2yr molars through before she turned 2. She was cutting all 4 of her 1st yr molars and all 4 "I" teeth at the same time for about 6 wks around 13months... that was no fun.

We use Hyland's teething tabs and ice cold washclothes. I hope for you & your little guys sake that his teeth break through fast.
snowbird25ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:41 PM   #9
aliks
Registered Users
seller

My mother said I cut my first two teeth when I was six weeks old! She remembers it like it was yesterday since she was nursing and I bet her badly. So it's possible!
aliks is offline   Reply With Quote