Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-01-2006, 07:23 AM   #1
Carrie
Registered Users

Any sposie experts around here?

I know there must be some mamas who used sposies for an older child or still used them at night. Here is my problem: Ethan leaks out of his diaper every night, starting about a month ago. The problem is that the pee is all up front and it leaks out the top. Ryan never leaks, his pee is more to the middle of the dipe. We just went to size 5's, which they are barely big enough for. Is there anything else I can do? Besides going to cloth--we're in sposies full-time now (long story).

Advertisement

Old 08-01-2006, 07:26 AM   #2
Voltige
Registered Users
seller

Re: Any sposie experts around here?

Try using a wool cover over the 'sposies at night. This is what I do when we travel, since T sleeps with us. I find 'sposies always leak a little to a lot, so I just cover 'em up. At home we use cloth exclusively, night and day and never get leaks.

HTH,
Lauren
Voltige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:43 AM   #3
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We cant use spisies at night cause Aidan is a heavy wetter and pees so much that his diapers leak. So we can only use cloth at night. last night ds had a sposie on (I have to strip all cd) and he woke up at 6 soaked, diaper puffed up and onesie soaked...so you may just have to stick w/ cloth at night if possible. GOOd Luck
LuAnn
Old 08-01-2006, 08:00 AM   #4
MommyMommyMommy
Registered Users
seller

Have you tried Goodnights? They are sposie specifically for overnights. I've never used them but I have a SIL who used them on my super soaker neice until she night potty trained when she was 5.

Good luck!
MommyMommyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:11 AM   #5
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

You could try turning the diaper around backwards.

Boys tend to be pointed up sometimes when they wet. Some boys get a tiny erection early in the morning, and then pee. Some boys reach in and pull it up while they fall asleep.

Bashas sells a disposable diaper doubler, You could try this also.

Turning the diaper backwards, and giving him more front space might help. Also, if he is reaching in and aiming himself out, you could try a onsie.
escapethevillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:15 AM   #6
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMommyMommy
Have you tried Goodnights? They are sposie specifically for overnights. I've never used them but I have a SIL who used them on my super soaker neice until she night potty trained when she was 5.

Good luck!
HAHAHA, ok sorry, someone told me about those and ds soaks through those too, we have tried everything w/ sposies (cheap brands name brands) I really hope you find soemthing that works

ETA: I used the huggies overnights(diapers), NOT the goodnight pullups. And they have them at Target, and BabiesRUs here where I live. Not to hard to find IMO

Last edited by LuAnn; 08-01-2006 at 10:25 AM.
LuAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:19 AM   #7
mommypooh
Registered Users

My only advice is always try to point him south in the diaper. I have advoided leaks this way and have not had to keep upsixing diapers.
mommypooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:39 AM   #8
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We used goodnights exclusively for Celeste until we went to cloth full time. IMO they are not very good! LOL! She is a very heavy wetter and would leak like crazy. I know its bulky, but try putting two diapers on? Or, just stick a super sposie pad in there on top of his wet zone. I have a friend with a special needs 8 yr old boy who does this. She swears by it.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:47 AM   #9
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa70
Or, just stick a super sposie pad in there on top of his wet zone. I have a friend with a special needs 8 yr old boy who does this. She swears by it.

Only about a month ago my mom broke the news to my brothers that she put maxi pads in their sposie diapers when they were little because they both were uberwetters... talk about horrified! I'd say give it a try... umm... just don't tell them about it....even when they are 25 years old....
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:47 AM   #10
Mel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa70
Or, just stick a super sposie pad in there on top of his wet zone. I have a friend with a special needs 8 yr old boy who does this. She swears by it.
That sounds like a great idea!