Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-01-2006, 08:27 AM   #11
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why are some people so anti when they should be for it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniehauser
Ohh I guess that makes sense, my kids have just never spent a minute in a daycare so 10 hours seems like an eternity to me
I worked in a daycare than had a licensed home daycare, ds has NEVER been in daycare either well accept my cousins home daycare when my mom was really really bad in the hospital.....

Sorry to hijack your post mama
LuAnn

Advertisement

Old 08-01-2006, 08:37 AM   #12
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

Thats just awful. No advice. Poor child.
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:40 AM   #13
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

I've actually heard of some Moms who leave babies in sposies for 4 hours...I'm sure it would hold but ick!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:41 AM   #14
vick
You know me; not much with the damseling.
seller

Could you raise your price by say $10 a week and say you'll provide dipes and wipes - and just leave out that they'll be cloth?
Old 08-01-2006, 08:42 AM   #15
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuAnn
Oh a question, you were willing to use cloth diapers but not cloth wipes?? they still poop in the diapers so whats the difference? (not trying to be snotty just wondering)
LuAnn

No I was using both at first. Just using the 2 diapers I had in her size and sposies the rest of the time. I was always using cloth wipes. Then she told me she did not want her dd in cloth at all. So I used sposies only and still the wipes. Well, J only poops once a day (unless she has a bug) so those poopy wipes were sitting with nothing else to wash them with. I figured *whatever* and use the sposie wipes for poo and cloth for pee since those don't get their own wash cycle.

Normally she is fine with diapers, just recently it's been like this. Just a hard time I guess. I just figured that if you were having such a hard time the thought of a reuseable diaper would be music to your ears. I change every 2 1/2 hours (unless there is a poo) as she is a light pee'r. It's just this week that I am on "restriction", I understand being broke ~ just don't understand being so anti cloth (just trying to save her some $$).

As for the time 10 hours is norm. She has a long drive so that is part of it. I love watching J, she is a great child and she is taken care of (both here and home). Her older sis is here as well so I would know if any funny business was going on. BTW her older sis said "when I get big I am using cloth diapers, they are so soft" and J plays with cloth diapers on the baby dolls all the time.

Speaking of which, she is right next to me doing that now. We are going through the baby stash!!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:42 AM   #16
GrowingUpMad
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vick
Could you raise your price by say $10 a week and say you'll provide dipes and wipes - and just leave out that they'll be cloth?
Great idea!!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:43 AM   #17
Mel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Regardless of whether she goes to cloth (it isn't for everyone) the 3 diapers a day is ridiculous. Now, if she gets a bad rash, the mom is going to hold you responsible. And honestly I think you would be. I would flat out refuse to watch this kid until ample diapers are provided. I mean, if the girl gets a rash so bad the mom takes her to the ER...who's she going to think is responsible for that bill. Technically, you are in charge of making sure she's changed and healthy. Sorry but I'd really be watching out for myself if I were you.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:44 AM   #18
snugglebutter
Registered Users
seller

If she is that broke, you would think she would be ok with at least using cloth at your house. (especially if you are offering to wash!)
snugglebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:50 AM   #19
betty_joanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

If i were in her situation and flat broke without any money for dipes i would be running around the house trying to see what(dishtowels, hand towels, blankets, etc) i could pin on my baby's butt so she wasn't wet all day.
Do you have any microfleece liners that you can put in the sposies to help her feel dry?? What about wet paper towels for wipes?? Can baby go diaperless(during non-bm times )??
Does she qualify for wic? I don't even know if wic covers diapers.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:51 AM   #20
GrowingUpMad
seller

My Mood:

I pulled my 2 larges back out and will use them as well as the sposies so I have 5 a day now. Right now I have her in panties airing out. I am going to plant another seed and see where it goes. I am not going to insist nor am I going to stop watching her. I will let her air out or give her panty time along with my 2 cloth and her sposies. This is not a "normal" occurance so I am not going to overreact. Now if she shows up next week doing the same thing (which I doubt) I will say something and be stern.