Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-01-2006, 08:58 AM   #21
8blessings
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Why are some people so anti when they should be for it??

Mama, you need to take the above advice. You could be blamed for mis-treatment to the baby if she gets a rash or whatever. You need to do the contract thing, and raise your price enuf to cover diapering expenses. I would get advice from a prof. daycare worker as well. A "REAL" B&M daycare would not tolerate that behavior, so why should you?
Also- if she is so broke, how is she going to pay you for your services????? I would be worried about NOT getting paid. Maybe ask for pmt.s in advance, thats what I did when I used to have an in home daycare. I also charged "late pick up fees". *some* Parents like to take advantage of nice people like you.......

Advertisement

Old 08-01-2006, 09:16 AM   #22
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

I definitely know that cloth isn't for everyone!! It just seems funny since she wouldn't even have to deal with it, and it'd save her lots of money.

Maybe we should see if we can snag some FFS large diapers to help out. Then maybe the mama would be okay with it? Then she'd save money, and her baby wouldn't have to be in sposies while at your house? I don't know, just thinking "out loud".

Has she (the mama) seen cloth? Maybe if she saw how great it was, she might be okay with it. Or, maybe since she's so skint on cash right now, she is automatically thinking "Great, more money to spend!"

Good Luck Mama! I'll keep my eye out for some large diapers FFS or anything like that. If I had some, I'd help you, but my DS is barely into mediums (from smalls) and probably will be until PLing, so I have no larges!!

Old 08-01-2006, 09:16 AM   #23
betty_joanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wait a minute you said she just turned 2. Is there any way that she could go on the potty once or twice during the day or is that way too young? Sorry, no potty training experience here.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:20 AM   #24
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_joanne
Wait a minute you said she just turned 2. Is there any way that she could go on the potty once or twice during the day or is that way too young? Sorry, no potty training experience here.
Yesterday and today I got her to go poop on the potty. With her "runs" last week I figured working on the poop part might be in her best interest. The second her poop hits skin it turns red. I watch her like a hawk so I can change her immediatly. I finally figured out that she goes at 9:30am so yesterday and today I put her on the potty and it has worked great!! Pee on the other hand, no clue and she is very quiet so she won't tell me.

I am going to go ahead and watch the FFS for larges. Thankfully she is not overly chunky nor does she have those yummy theighs so I think she'd be easy to fit. If anyone has some FFS or CHEAP Larges pm me!!

Last edited by GrowingUpMad; 08-01-2006 at 09:23 AM.
GrowingUpMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:22 AM   #25
viiolet
Registered Users

My Mood:

At age 2 it might be a novelty to introduce the toilet this week I mean she's old enough to start learning especially if you introduce it to her in a fun way. And it would stretch the diapers further for you because she would hopefully be going potty in the toilet/potty chair some.

Ruth ~ 7, Jotham ~ 5, Caleb ~ 3, Evan ~ 8 mo
viiolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:26 AM   #26
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniehauser
Ohh I guess that makes sense, my kids have just never spent a minute in a daycare so 10 hours seems like an eternity to me
Want to hear something sad?

I am with her 10 hours a day M-F and an occasional 8 hour Saturday. She is more into me than Madison so we are always together. She calls me "mama", that would kill me if my chilkd ever did that. I tell her I am Miss Dawn but she won't say it. She calls my ds, dd, and the dog by their names but I am mama and dh is dad (he spends time with her each morning because her and I are the only ones awake when he is getting ready for work).
Old 08-01-2006, 09:31 AM   #27
kellypillar
Registered Users

Man, that is really tough. Three dipes for ten hours makes my stomach turn. Nothing more to add to the great advice above, just hoping it improves, and that this is just a tough week for her rather than a pattern.

WIC does not cover diapers, just food.

kellypillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:32 AM   #28
lisahas2cats
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by madalexsmom
I am going to go ahead and watch the FFS for larges. Thankfully she is not overly chunky nor does she have those yummy theighs so I think she'd be easy to fit. If anyone has some FFS or CHEAP Larges pm me!!
How much does she weigh? I have some sherpa/velour dipes I made that are WAY too big for my DD, and some other diapers as well, that I'd be happy to sell very cheap.....PM me her info (weight, anything else that's importatnt to know) and your email addy if you'd like to see pics

Lisa
Old 08-01-2006, 10:08 AM   #29
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i watched a little boy whose parents were constantly running out of dipes and bought the worst of the worst as well...it was horrible. what makes it really sad is i just didn't get it b/c BOTH parents were working at the same place my dh was working and each making the same as him. and at the time i used sposies and BOTH ds's were in sposies (i bought pampers or white cloud at the time). what i did was stash a dipe or two a day so that when they would come to me w/no dipes and he was still in the dipe from the night before and they would be there at LUNCH TIME (they dropped him off at 5:30, lunch was at 12) with a pack of dipes. i also often ended up putting him in my kids dipes....but that's not an option for you. i don't know what i would've done for that poor baby if he didn't fit in my kids dipes. the ones they bought for him were also too small it was horrible. and he also had horrible diaper rash for the first week i had him, after that (b/c he was being changed enough, between me stashing his diapers and using ours) he didn't. i remember one time her telling me that they cleared up a rash by putting him to bed w/o a diaper at all (he was JUST over a year old AND had diahrea)!!! she said him and the bed were a mess the next morning but his rash healed up....i didn't even know what to say.
anyhow enough about my rant!! i agree to the charging an extra $10 a week, but don't even mention why. just tell her you need to charge more per week.

oh and also, no WIC does not provide diapers HOWEVER when you are running low and having money issues if they have them they will give them to you...i often gave our extra sposies to wic for this purpose when our children would grow out of them. suggest that to her or call the wic office yourself and tell them the situation, but that you don't want to embarass the mother. let them know this has never happened before, but you do need some diapers for the child this week.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:08 AM   #30
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have some large dipes you can have FFS and a pack of pull ups size 3 or 4T (I'll have to check). PM me with your zipcode & I can let you know what I have.

Oh & I have several $1.50 off coupons for huggies & pampers too!

Last edited by rowynne; 08-01-2006 at 10:09 AM.
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote