Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-01-2006, 10:45 AM   #31
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Re: Why are some people so anti when they should be for it??

That poor baby! Maybe you can just potty train her?

Advertisement

Old 08-01-2006, 10:58 AM   #32
itsamy9
Registered

I went to school and worked so I know how money can be tight. With little ones sometimes you can hear your pennies screaming for mercy. But that situation seems very very wrong. the mother really needs to be taken aside maybe you can suggest CD on weeks that she is really short on cash. She would need to provide the money for the original dipes tho.

hope this gets worked out quickly.
itsamy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:24 AM   #33
monkeymama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeemarie
I've actually heard of some Moms who leave babies in sposies for 4 hours...I'm sure it would hold but ick!
I have friends that have their babies in Huggies and Papmers. I have them over for playdates sometimes, and say I invite them over for 11am... They leave at 2pm.... sometimes the mamas do not change their girls AT ALL during that 3 hour period. AND plus there's the drive over to my place, and the drive home, so probably a good 3.5 - 4 hours.

I just find it SOOO weird. All I can think is, "gross, chemically gel-like goo on baby's bum"
Old 08-01-2006, 12:57 PM   #34
HappyCDMamainWI
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd do prefold, Gerber trainers, my own towels. Hoard the sposies for nap times. There's no way I'd let a babe go 10hrs with only 3 diaper changes. I figure if she's not providing enough diapers to last the day, then she has no right to whine about me putting cloth on her kid. JMO.

Hopefully it's just a bad bad week and she'll go back to normal next week. (hugs)
Old 08-01-2006, 01:06 PM   #35
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

I have some diapers coupons too. (Get them in the mail...) I can always send them to you if you want!! LMK!!
Old 08-01-2006, 01:28 PM   #36
travelinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe if you showed her that it is cheaper. You can get a dozen pfs for the sprice of one of those boxes of diapers. And Gerber plastic pants are super cheap at Walmart. It would save so much money. She probably thinks it's more expensive than it really is.
travelinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:47 PM   #37
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've got 7 dipes, 5 covers & 9 pull ups. usps said shipping is about $9 for all of it. just LMK if you want them & I'll get them out ASAP. I'd be at least enough for one day if you dont mind washing dipes every night.
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:00 PM   #38
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

poor kid. I feel sorry for the baby. Reverse situation but when I was on active duty, I had a babysitter that wouldn't change my baby. She even used the dipes/wipes that I provided for my baby on other peoples' children then would tell me she's running out! I fired her.

You mentioned she's almost two, or just turned two... I'd do the mama a favor and try potty training! You just mentioned you've noticed when she needs to poo... that's just like EC so now you know when she has to go! I'd keep that up and then help the mama out.

Three dipes a day is nearly criminal. I know some kids can go for three hours without "going" (my 14 month old has done that to me on more than a few occassions), so being in the same dipe isn't too odd. But if it's been used... yeah... yuck. What will the mom say if her baby has more than one BM in one day and you've used more than three dipes? And what's she using at home if the pack she gave you has to last till the end of the week?

Sorry... just sounds like the mom needs a gentle push... I understand being broke, but some people can't see the forest because of the trees. kwim?

I wish I could send some stuff to help but I don't have any coupons or stuff like that.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:04 PM   #39
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

I'm guessing she is uneducated about "modern" CD's and probably doesn't want to take the time to learn about them and how cost effective they could be. And maybe as a working Mom, she doesn't have the extra time it would take to wash and care for her CD's.
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:29 PM   #40
JNW
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniehauser
THat is so sad, it reminds me of a story my cousin told me. THis baby at her daycare came back to daycare every morning in the dipe he left in the day before!! He was convinced of this, and started marking them where the parents could not see. Sure enough the mark was there the next day!! She started taking pics etc and reported them!! Okay enough about the rant that just saddens me!!!
That is disgusting! How could any responsible parent do such a thing as to reuse a disposable diaper? It's not like you can wash and reuse it.