Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-01-2006, 12:46 PM   #21
rpg_mommy
Registered Users

Re: Do you take your baby out in...

DS has lived in a t-shirt and CD this summer. As hot as it is here, I can hardly stand pants myself!

LOVE showing off his cute butt! They get a lot of attention too! I always either have a matching solid colored FB or the bug print with a solid T shirt. Just got the ducky beccabottom from on here and that's my new fave! Gotta find a nice yellow or orange shirt to have him wear it with!

Advertisement

rpg_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:01 PM   #22
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

I guess I'm not the norm on this one.

Cam wears just dipes and t-shirts at home, but when we leave house, I put shorts and shoes on him.

If he were younger, I might just take him out in a diaper and shirt. I don't know, I haven't really thought that much about it before!
Old 08-01-2006, 01:07 PM   #23
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my older dd is in dresses all the time, she is a real girly sort

but the baby? Well... she is definately not the dress type. So I have random tank tops and tshirts she wears with diapers. No shorts here! Just Tshirts and dipes. It would be the same for me if she were a boy.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:08 PM   #24
travelinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If it's hot it's a tshirt and dipe and shoes. When we are at home he'll just run around in a snappi'd prefold. I only put shorts on him if we are going somewhere where I think a diaper would inappropriate, such as dinner in a nice resteraunt (yeah, like that happens)
travelinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:10 PM   #25
rebeccah5
Behold: The Official Thread-Killer
seller

My Mood:

Yes, all the time! Especially since it is so hot! At first I was a little reluctant to "show off," but it really is lots cooler when they aren't covered, plus if you use pockets, there is lots less wicking/leaking if they're uncovered, or at least that's been my experience. I bought a couple pairs of shorts at Target on clearance, but I haven't put him in them but once so far. As long as my dipes match the shirts, I love showing them off!

And I'm not really crazy about those Gerber tees, they're sort of, well, boring, but I've had lots of fun dyeing and tie-dyeing and embroidering on my mom's machine, so it's been really fun. And I try to use colors that can go with his dipes and buy dipes that go with his shirts, KWIM?

DH used to act a little embarrassed for me to show off the dipes, but he cracked me up the other day when he had set aside a baseball dipe. I asked him what for and he said he wanted me to save it until the next day so DS could wear it to DH's baseball game! LOL! I must be rubbing off on him!
Check out my knitting projects here and my stash here
rebeccah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:12 PM   #26
Watercolor Ponies
Professional, Proficient, PeeWell Procurer (or anything else you want me to stalk!)
seller

My Mood:

All the time. During VBS it was almost a necessity bcs for some reason the nursery gals coudn't figure out that they needed to tuck in all the cloth into the cover or it would wick onto ds's clothes. I just gave up on day two and sent him with no pants. Which is what we do at home anyways.
Watercolor Ponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:13 PM   #27
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

My girls mostly wear dresses. Its easy to match a diaper to the dress and it shows!
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:13 PM   #28
Noortje
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yup, we almost never put a pair of shorts or pants on him.
DS is 10 months old and all he usually wears in this weather is a cloth diaper and a t-shirt.

LOVE showing those things off!
Noortje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:16 PM   #29
jrk
Registered
seller

My Mood:

At home my ds wears ONLY a dipe. When we go out he wears a tshirt with it. The only time I put him in 'real' clothes, is for church. His dipie butt is just too cute to cover up. I suppose when he's older we'll dress him, but until then..... This winter I plan on getting him some baby legs and long sleeved t's, and wool. Even though we use mostly pockets, I still plan on using wool over them.
jrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:21 PM   #30
heathersgirls
Registered Users
seller

Since I started cd I have been taking dd out in just a cute tee and a cd or a dress with matching cd. I love them, I think they're so cute! I love showing them off.

~I saw this same topic on another forum earlier this week~ But it was "do you take your dc out in a sposie and a tee" and overwhelmingly the answer was no. Just think that's interesting to add.

Heather