Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2009, 12:12 AM   #21
vickieboggs
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: Instructions: Single crocheting shorties/longies & turning shorties into longies

this is awesome!! thanks for sharing!

Advertisement

Lots of WOOLIES for sale, knit, crochet, shorties and longies
vickieboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:13 AM   #22
texanntx
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Instructions: Single crocheting shorties/longies & turning shorties into longies

Nice! Thanks for sharing!!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 12:30 AM   #23
texanntx
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Free instructions for crocheted shorties/longies and turning shorties into longie

Once I have all my spots marked, I crochet to the spot I marked with the scrap yarn, do a chain stitch, and turn and go the other way to the other piece of scrap yarn. After the first two rows, I add an extra sc in the last hole until the number of stitches I have matches what I will need for the back of the crotch (for example, in the rainbow fish shorties I had 10 stitches in the front crotch and 14 in the back, so I increased one stitch at the end of each row after row 2 until I had 14 stitches). You continue on until you have the length you need for the crotch gusset (above I had planned for 3"). You will want to end your work at what would be the left leg instead of the right.

Turn your shorties inside out, and put your yarn through the right leg, since this is where you will end up. Do a slip stitch through the crotch gusset you just made & the back of the crotch gusset in between the scrap yarn markings (hopefully the number of stitches you have should match up). Do an extra chain at the end and turn it right side out. You now essentially have a soaker!

okay...this is the part I need photo tutorial of!
Old 01-20-2009, 12:32 AM   #24
texanntx
Registered Users

My Mood:

oh, yea, good to see you have posted in the last few days on this thread!!!!

I'd love to see some photos...especially of the crotch area!
Old 01-20-2009, 12:32 AM   #25
texanntx
Registered Users

My Mood:

oh, and did you put some elastic in some of your longies? Sort of looks like it. I don't have any wool with elastic in them. Just curious!
Old 01-20-2009, 02:32 AM   #26
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Subbing!

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Free Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:30 AM   #27
smiley011479
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Love this! Thanks for sharing. I am going to get some cheap yarn to practice first!
smiley011479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:43 AM   #28
musicalisa
Registered Users
seller

Awesome! I was just ogling the Tunisian Longies in your IHA last night!

I also crochet and knit from the "voices in my head" LOL. I HATE to read patterns with actual knit/crochet abbreviations, so this is right up my tree. Thanks muchly!
musicalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:04 AM   #29
topazdodge
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanntx View Post
Once I have all my spots marked, I crochet to the spot I marked with the scrap yarn, do a chain stitch, and turn and go the other way to the other piece of scrap yarn. After the first two rows, I add an extra sc in the last hole until the number of stitches I have matches what I will need for the back of the crotch (for example, in the rainbow fish shorties I had 10 stitches in the front crotch and 14 in the back, so I increased one stitch at the end of each row after row 2 until I had 14 stitches). You continue on until you have the length you need for the crotch gusset (above I had planned for 3"). You will want to end your work at what would be the left leg instead of the right.

Turn your shorties inside out, and put your yarn through the right leg, since this is where you will end up. Do a slip stitch through the crotch gusset you just made & the back of the crotch gusset in between the scrap yarn markings (hopefully the number of stitches you have should match up). Do an extra chain at the end and turn it right side out. You now essentially have a soaker!

okay...this is the part I need photo tutorial of!
The next time I start a pair of longies I will take pics of the steps since I have had quite a few requests for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanntx View Post
oh, and did you put some elastic in some of your longies? Sort of looks like it. I don't have any wool with elastic in them. Just curious!
I LOVE elastic waistbands, they don't have a gap in the waist and they stay up much better. I put elastic in most of our longies Ours always seem to get saggy much faster without the elastic! I even retrofitted a pair of knitted longies the had holes knitted into waistband for a drawstring. I just took some trim yarn, sewed up the holes, and added the elastic. They fit much better now and if I need the extra rise at some point it's easy to change it back!

Free Crochet Longies Instructions Here
topazdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:45 AM   #30
texanntx
Registered Users

My Mood:

thank you, I anxiously await the photos!