Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-02-2006, 08:05 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: How often to nurse an 11 month old?

She eats 3 full meals of solids too!!! Oh well, the way my doctor put it, if I was having a problem with it, I would be doing something to change it. When I mentioned to her that Kyla wouldn't be weaned ever, she said she was sure right around JK she would be slowing down, lol! I do have a good doctor

Thanks everyone for your input...apparently Kyla is a bit more of a nurser than some....speaking of, she needs it now, Riley is playing a bit rough right now and she is not a fan, ahhhhh!!!

Katie - Breastfeeding, CDing, co-sleeping, baby wearing, baby signing mommy to Riley (6/21/02) Kyla (8/30/05) Brenna (6/3/07) Tristan (6/11/09)
Proud Wife to my Soldier
Praying for him in Afghanistan Stay safe my love!
riandkymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:20 AM   #12
Registered Users
Re: How often to nurse an 11 month old?

My dd was the same way, she just needed it. She's always been a mommy's girl. She's turned 3 in March and is only recently comfortable leaving my side to play with her friends at playdates and LLL meetings. I had to talk to her about weaning for quite awhile before she was ready to let go. I was ready when she was 2 and I was tandem nursing but she held on for awhile and just after her 3rd birthday she finally agreed to it. Some kids can't be comforted by anything but nursing, my Maddie never wanted a paci or any lovey of any type (though during the past 2 months she's fallen in love with a little stuffed dog), it was all about me. It's just how some kids are. Just think how well your dd will be protected during flu season, lol!
kathywiehl is offline   Reply With Quote