Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-19-2007, 12:30 PM   #1
Eli Poist
Registered Users

My Mood:
Teething 1 year old and sore breast

So my little guy is almost 1 year. He has four teeth which for the most part weren't an issue until about a week ago. He nipped me once in which I yelped loudly, it made him stop and not do it again. In fact when he latches he does so very gently. His latch is good.

So I've been trying to get the two spots where his teeth sunk in to heal for the past week. I've tried everything. Yesterday when it hurt too much to let him nurse on that side, I put CHAPSTICK on it while he nursed on the other side. That seemed to help but after a minute or so it was excrutiating pain again.

So he's mainly nursing on one side which is going to start causing problems with my supply in the next few days.
Any suggestions????
I need help.

Oh I do pump at work two to three times a day depending on my schedule. It doesn't hurt to pump, doesn't hurt for my little guy to actually get milk. IT's just where his teeth hit the same spot each time he latches.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

Old 11-19-2007, 12:35 PM   #2
Guardandolaluna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Teething 1 year old and sore breast

I would try pumping from that side and feeding from the one that is not hurt. I feel for you. My DS used to bite sometimes and drove me nuts Maybe you can offer him a teether so he can teeth on something other than you Also, Lansinoh lanolin is great for healing. I was advised to use that from my LLL leader when I had broken skin and it really helped

hope that helps

Guardandolaluna is offline   Reply With Quote