Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-21-2007, 03:03 PM   #1
beautiful8
Registered Users
Formerly: beautiful7
seller

My Mood:
enfamil baby poo

Yep...it's a baby poop question

But seriously,

I FF because I have a breast condition that prevents full exclusive bf'ing...so anyway, my last baby I was bale to wean him down to only 4 ounces of formula per day, and his poo was bf baby poo like...the yellow mustardy color etc.

Well, this time, when I tried Enfamil gentleease, and reg enfamil...that stuff made his poo stink SUPER bad!! And it looks awful quite honestly. I was told by the nurse at the Ped's office, that is how Enfamil baby poo smells, looks etc.

My thing is, I wonder if it's not an allergy to milk protiens?

I curenlty have my baby on...dare I say this.... (nestle carnation)

which I hate because I hate nestle, but it's the only one that seems to not make him scream and hurt his tummy.

This one in particular also does not have the DHA and ARA in it.

That stuff seems evil to me *lol* maybe thats overly dramatic, but I dunno sometimes Iwonder why they have to keep imporving it, why not let it be, stop adding crap babies might be allergic too.

Anyway, not to get off track, but has anyone else experienced that with Enfamil formulas too?

I ask because I have a TON of that kind of formula, and I hate to waste it and have to keep giving my $$ to nestle,...

TIA

oh wanted to add too that I have had to eliminate all milk products from my diet except cheese on occassion, otherwise baby screams...ALL DAY

When I tried to get the ped to let me put him on nutramagin, she told me that she wanted him to be able to break down proteins I don't understand that one at all, does anyone else?

Advertisement

beautiful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:48 PM   #2
fostermomcchr
Registered Users
seller

Re: enfamil baby poo

It is possible that he is reacting to the lipil stuff-the stuff that makes the formula advance or whatever. Our last fosterbaby had issues with the "advance" part of similac-pedi wasn't sure about it when I first told him and he said to put him on the advance, well, he had horrible dipes and screamed most of the day, I went right back to using the regular similac and he was back to being a happy baby again! Turns out he was allergic to the lipils-DHA-ARA stuff that makes the similac advance, so I kept him on regular similac. If you have any enfamil that is not the lipil stuff, try him on that. Believe me, the nutramigin is pricey stuff, if your baby doesn't need it, then don't put him on it-it is about $30 a can. You can try enfamil gentlease-that is really good stuff, but again, it is the lipil stuff, so if you think it is the lipil causing the issues, then try to find formula w/out that in it.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:47 PM   #3
GreenBottomBaby
Going to the Chapel and im gonna...
seller

My Mood:

My daughter is on enfamil A.R. and she has bf like poops(we do bf twice a day) but when she was on other formulas her poop was STINKY and green and she filled dipers to the max. If I were you and I really thought nutramigen might work Id go buy some and try it out, then if it does work TELL your pedi thats what you want! Your only trying to help and your pedi should too!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:22 PM   #4
beautiful8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fostermomcchr View Post
It is possible that he is reacting to the lipil stuff-the stuff that makes the formula advance or whatever. Our last fosterbaby had issues with the "advance" part of similac-pedi wasn't sure about it when I first told him and he said to put him on the advance, well, he had horrible dipes and screamed most of the day, I went right back to using the regular similac and he was back to being a happy baby again! Turns out he was allergic to the lipils-DHA-ARA stuff that makes the similac advance, so I kept him on regular similac. If you have any enfamil that is not the lipil stuff, try him on that. Believe me, the nutramigin is pricey stuff, if your baby doesn't need it, then don't put him on it-it is about $30 a can. You can try enfamil gentlease-that is really good stuff, but again, it is the lipil stuff, so if you think it is the lipil causing the issues, then try to find formula w/out that in it.
yeah see...i'm not crazy about that dha ara stuff *lol*

my m/w said a LOT of babies have issues with it.

Sadly though...almost all the formulas now carry it
the one we are on does not...enfamil gentlease does though.

I was considering tryikng one of the formulas through whole foods not sure if it would have it or not.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:23 PM   #5
beautiful8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectlyflawxd View Post
My daughter is on enfamil A.R. and she has bf like poops(we do bf twice a day) but when she was on other formulas her poop was STINKY and green and she filled dipers to the max. If I were you and I really thought nutramigen might work Id go buy some and try it out, then if it does work TELL your pedi thats what you want! Your only trying to help and your pedi should too!
do you think that was because the other ones weren't ok for her or thats just the way they were (making their poo stinky)...?
Old 11-21-2007, 09:24 PM   #6
afishwithabike
Registered Users

My Mood:

Did you try the LactoFree? I had to switch my son back and forth between the two. YEAH, the poo is NASTY to say the least. It's expensive to have them on the special formula's but I'd stick with it. Also make your little one is getting probiotics because of the formula. I got powder probiotics that I could mix in the bottle. It's tough when you can't breastfeed. I am praying for you.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:19 PM   #7
beautiful8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishwithabike View Post
Did you try the LactoFree? I had to switch my son back and forth between the two. YEAH, the poo is NASTY to say the least. It's expensive to have them on the special formula's but I'd stick with it. Also make your little one is getting probiotics because of the formula. I got powder probiotics that I could mix in the bottle. It's tough when you can't breastfeed. I am praying for you.
oh does he need probiotics if i'm bf'ing?

He does still get at least 50% of his food from me I can bf'ed just not exclusively.

I am curious about the lacto free but even more so...what about soy?

I know some soys are badbut aren't some ok? (sorry nak! )
Old 11-25-2007, 08:18 PM   #8
ClothMom
Banned

My Mood:

What kind of Good Start are you using? The one with green container with Natural Cultures, is the one with probiotics.

My son has done really well having the active cultures in it.
ClothMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:48 PM   #9
jausten
Registered Users
seller

Emma had horrible, BRIGHT GREEN poops when she was on Enfamil Gentlease, but when we switched to Similac (which ended up being the right formula for her), her poops turned to yellow, mustardy bf-like poops. But they do stink to high heaven. I've never been concerned about the smell, though.
expecting #2 sept 2010
jausten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 02:03 PM   #10
afishwithabike
Registered Users

My Mood:

As long as the child is still getting Breastmilk then yeah the need for probiotics isn't as necessary. I couldn't get the children to latch after six mos because they weren't getting enough to keep them there and I couldn't pump more than 1 oz in a day (24 hour period). There isn't anything wrong with soy really. My concern is that if I used soy my son wouldn't be able to digest any type of dairy at ALL. That is what happened with my niece. I know not all children are alike BUT I didn't want to take the chance because after all my niece IS my sister's daughter and some of the blood is the same. I hope things are getting better for you. I truly sympathize.