Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-01-2006, 09:56 AM   #1
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

Question Co-sleeping, Nursing and Sleep

My dt (dear twins ) Are not wanting to sleep at night. Up until now we have been co-sleeping but they have started to nurse SEVERAL times each a night and I can't take it! I don't sleep well bc both of them are crawling now and I am afraid they will fall off the bad and then I don't get any sleep bc one or the other or both or continuously wanting to nurse at night. Due to this, we are trying to get them to sleep in their play pens but I don't like letting them CIO. Does anyone have any suggestion? Right now I don't really have time to read a book so please give me an explanation if you were going to reccomend a book. Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 08-01-2006, 10:16 AM   #2
Voltige
Registered Users
seller

Re: Co-sleeping, Nursing and Sleep

It might be the age. My ds was born 9-15-05 and last month he was AWFUL in bed, nursing, crawling all over the place, ALL night. We lowered the bed onto the floor and baby proofed our bedroom. Sometimes I realized that he would settle down even if I didn't nurse him, if I just rubbed his back or head and told him to go back to sleep. It worked about 50% of the time.

T will not sleep in a crib, co-sleeper or pen either. He will just cry and cry. I can't take that.

Hope it gets better soon!
L.
Voltige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:16 AM   #3
bamamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hmmm....could you get them to sleep and put them together in a crib after they're asleep?? If they're already used to sleeping together, then the other one's presence might help.

I dont like to do CIO either, but sometimes they're inconsolable. And at those moments, i try to do all i can and then wait a few minutes...last night, about the timei had gathered up the colic tabs and teething tabs to go to ds, he went to sleep. it was probably about 7 or 8 mins...

hope you get some answers..good luck!
bamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:21 AM   #4
Quiverfillin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree that it might be the age. My DD went through a stage like this a couple of months ago. actually, she's done it a few times. Every time she hits a new level of development (especially crawling) she has trouble sleeping for a few nights and wants to nurse all night. It was the worst when she learned to crawl...almost a week of restless nights...but then one night she was fine and slept all the way through.

So, hugs to you mama! Here's hoping it's a phase!
Old 08-02-2006, 08:26 AM   #5
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

Thanks! I hope it ends quickly too. DD slept all night last night! :yippee: DS however still woke up a few times. They can't sleep together bc they wake the other one up. They like to sleep with me but not with eachother! :giggle. If I am in the bed , I put one on each end (right now our room is very ong and narrow so it touches 3 walls) I flip flop all night. I have been starting them in their play pens thoug. Sometimes I have had to let them cry it out a little but other times they go right to sleep. What i hate is when they get hysterical crying! I have to go get them if they do it more than a minute or two bc I feel so horrible. I ususally only let them whimper or cry for a few minutes at the longest but I was getting desperate for sleep for a little while. I learned quickly with 2 helpless newborns that no matter how hard I tried I couldn't meet both of their needs all the time so I am used to them crying some but not when I am there to do something. They are so small and I love htem so much! Thanks again for the advice.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:53 AM   #6
bundeleh
Registered Users
seller

We bought one of those bed rails and it has done wonders for my peace of mind and ability to get a little more sleep ...

it's OK if they cry, Mama.

A well-rested Mama is essential for healthy children. Don't let yourself get exhausted.

Old 08-02-2006, 05:21 PM   #7
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

Thanks. I am definitely trying to get more rest.