Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-22-2007, 04:55 AM   #51
ForCryingOutLoud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did your mom breastfeed?

I was exposed to bfing! My mom bf all of us, but I was middle child and only seen her bf my little bro. But my aunt who had a baby when I was around 10 I saw her bf. I always thought it the thing to do for a baby. I don't remember bottles at all really. I bf my ds for 6 months and with dd I plan on going a lot longer with her because at the time I didn't know all the benefits with bfing 6 months and longer. I am going to try for 2 years with her even though my mom didn't go that long with us, but she is very supportive in my decisions! My MIL on the other hand is a different story!

Advertisement

Old 11-22-2007, 04:57 AM   #52
schmitz2308
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My mom didn't BF me but did my brother for about 6 mths. I think with me she was just too young (16) and self-conscious. She definitely didn't understand my want to BF my DD after 12 mths. We only made it to abt 16 mths with me working full time though, but I'm glad I made it that far!
Old 11-22-2007, 08:14 AM   #53
RetroBaby
Witty title here
seller

My Mood:

My mom nursed me for 2 and 1/2 years.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:38 AM   #54
maggie_may
Happy Knits
seller

My Mood:

My Mum and Aunts breastfed all their children for 1-2 years. It's nice cause no one in my family thinks it's off I'm still breastfeeding DD (2).
Old 11-22-2007, 08:49 AM   #55
lisad1
Registered Users

My mom was misinformed - she wanted to bf but was told that she had no milk because it didn't come in immediately after I was born!!!

My stepmom never even realized that bfing was an option, she just ff'd because that's what she was told to do.

My MIL bfed her 3 sons for about 3 months each then quit once they started getting teeth and biting. She thinks I'm crazy for wanting to bf past that point! (dd is only 2 months right now)
lisad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:52 AM   #56
TruHope
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

NOPE my mom did NOT BF any of us (there are 5 of us) she was very negatvie towards BFing when I had my first and actually influenced everything with my 1st 2 kids! It was terrible but I have 2 girls that I BF wonderfully, the 1st was for 2 years and the 2nd was for 18 months! Now I have a son on the way and plan to EBF him as well, I have out grow her influence on me and I am VERY happy about that!

TruHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:30 AM   #57
mamaholdyou
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mom was a hardcore hippie at the time and BF'd all 4 of us. Me until I was 2 1/2 and my next sister until she was 4! She would have BFd me longer but I "didnt want to drink after baby" The two youngest were about 18 mos when they weaned. We were all CDd too. Mom was also a LLL leader and babywearer, we raised our own organic veggies and meat, and generally did all of this stuff before it was cool

Oh and she also had professional pics taken of her BFing my 3rd sis. The photographer, an older gentleman, nearly died of embarrassment but they are beautiful pics!
Old 11-22-2007, 09:41 AM   #58
tinybirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My mom nursed all 3 of us. My older brother 15 months, me 12 months and my younger brother 3 years.

I was a preemie and she pumped for me the first 6 months until i finally latched on. !
Old 11-22-2007, 09:51 AM   #59
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrferr View Post
Yep, but I know with me she ended up having to quit by 6 weeks because her nipple was split wide open. I guess she can still see the scarring from it and I'm 26.
W/ DS2 mine nearly came off- you can still see it. Someone how I made it through the pain, but it hurt bad. Good to know that I will always have a funny looking nipple
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 07:54 PM   #60
mommyto2girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my mom didn't bf me or my siblings, and I wasn't around anyone that did BF

the first time I was introduced to it was, when I was prego and working at a daycare, and one of the babies there was breastfeed when he wasn't at the day care....and his mom pumped for him while he was there
then I did some research and even tried to go to a breastfeeding class (but I had such BAD morning sickness all 9 months I couldn't stay)

I wasn't sure if I'd be able to but I nursed my now 3 year old 13 months...and my now almost 9 month old, we are still nursing