Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-23-2007, 02:06 PM   #1
angela4more
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Bravado, Glamourmom, Motherwear Nursing Tanks

I had my mind made up to buy a couple of Bravado nursing tanks until I noticed they drop open to expose the full breast. For home use that's fine, but how are they for NIP?

Next, was a long Glamourmom, but I was afraid the little openings would not be big enough.

Then, I saw Motherwear. The openings look like they could be big or little, anyone have any experinece with them? I am concerned about these tanks being not being long enough (I am 5'9" and this is my 5th baby, tummy will NOT look pretty hanging out!)

So, I like Bravado and GM for the length options, but worry about ease-of-use, and I like the openings on MW, but worry about the length.

Any advice? TIA!

Advertisement

angela4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 05:17 PM   #2
mothersky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bravado, Glamourmom, Motherwear Nursing Tanks

I could never discreetly reclose the clasps so I'm not much help. I do have to say that the glamourmom tanks seem to be more discreet. The opening is just big enough for your nipple and areola so it should be fine. I don't know about the other ones though.
mothersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 05:39 PM   #3
AmberBella
Registered Users

I have both the Glamourmom and the Motherwear....I really dislike them both! The Glamourmom holes are uncomfortable and squeeze my poor breast and the Motherwear just fits terribly and looks so lumpy because of the way the opening is....it just won't lie flat.

I've yet to find a tank that I really like. That said, I much prefer the Glamourmom to the Motherwear. They look better and fit better. I've just stretched out the hole so it doesn't squeeze me so bad, but now the privacy factor for NIP is gone. I fear I'll never find that perfect tank.
AmberBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 07:15 PM   #4
pantufla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have Target brand, Motherhood Maternity brand, and Motherwear brand nursing tanks. Target brand are too scratchy for me. Motherhood matenity are too short (I'm 5'10" and very long in the torso). The newer Motherwear brand tanks are longer which is GREAT. I never had a problem NIP with any of them -- baby's head pretty much covers everything that the openings epose. I position baby in front of my boob and THEN unsnap and unwrap.

As far as Motherwear goes, the front is a little tricky to get it to lie flat when you're done. One of the "secrets" to it is to make sure you are buying the right size -- if they aren't snug in the boob area, they won't ever close properly. The other secret is to snap up the outer layer and then give the whole thing a little tug and a wiggle, and it straightens right out. It took me a long time to get the hang of it, but buying a smaller size helped a lot. (I kept thinking I was an XL because I was for so long, but I lost a lot of weight after DS#1... )

I should also say that I know a lot of women who LOVE the Glamourmoms.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:08 PM   #5
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a glamourmom and a motherhood maternity tank. I like my glamourmom. The opening is a nice size and it fits nice but the straps dig into my shoulders no matter how I adjust them - if the straps were wider I'd love the tank. Don't really like hte motherhood one. I'm short (5'2") and it is short on my and it fits oddly. I wear it but not often. I'd love a tank with slightly wider straps and I'd be happy.
Rhianna'sMommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:06 PM   #6
Abbie@Mom'sMilkBoutique
Registered Users
Formerly: Abbie
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I sell La Leche League Intimates. They are soft and comfy, supportive and don't completely expose you!

Take a look and PM if interested. You just missed the big Black Friday Sale, but I love sales and I will give you a discount code.

www.momsmilkboutique.com
Abbie@Mom'sMilkBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:49 AM   #7
luvmy2girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a Glamourmom, Bravado, Target brand and had a Motherwear but returned it immediately! I like them in the order I listed them! The openings are a bit small (I'm a DD) but not so small that Dd can't nurse- the whole areola is exposed. Bravado drops down fully, but if you just keep your shirt laying across teh top, your whole breast won't be exposed. Target doesn't offer enough support for me to wear outside the house. GL!

ETA- I have the Glamourmom Bra Top, which is more supportive than the tank- just FYI.

Last edited by luvmy2girls; 11-25-2007 at 07:50 AM.
luvmy2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:03 PM   #8
empress_embellishments
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have/have had in the past Glamourmom, Leading Lady, Motherhood and Target nursing tanks.

I am a DD/E/F depending on the bra. I gave away the Motherhood tank. No support at all, very uncomfortable.

The Leading Lady is my fave. Has a full sling with comfy clasps. You can see it here.

The Glamourmom tanks give lots of support BUT the nipple openings are small. The biggest problem I have had with them is wearing nursing pads with them - if you wear the nursing pad outside of the nipple opening and you leak, then the fabric gets wet. If you wear it underneath, then it crumples it up and you get a funny shape and lumpy looking breasts.

I like my Target tank, but the size seems to run smaller than my others. Hope that helps.
empress_embellishments is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:06 PM   #9
syl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Glamourmom runs small/short/yuck and I don't like the design- and I just got a Bravado even though it is a complete drop-down I REALLY prefer it in fit/size/everything.

They also sell a "shrug" which makes sense - you can wear something that just covers your shoulders and top of boob while nursing. I may look for something similar/cheaper so I can nurse a little more discreetly.

Still - Bravado is much preferred.
syl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:04 PM   #10
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

I've had Glamourmom (too small - tight, fit was off or something), Motherwear (I didn't think they held me up very well and they are short), Bravado (I didn't like, fit funny), and Target. I have a good 5 or 6 of the Target ones, those are my favorite. Right amount of support, holds everything up, long enough, cheaper, etc. I lived in them before I started working out of the home, and even then I wear them under button up shirts sometimes.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote