Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2006, 02:15 PM   #1
skayers01
Registered Users

Opposite of AP Parenting???

Interesting artice I found on a mothering thread. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=397672&in_page_id=1879& ico=Homepage&icl=TabModule&icc=FEMAIL&ct=5

Advertisement

Last edited by skayers01; 08-02-2006 at 07:47 PM.
skayers01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:17 PM   #2
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Opposire of AP Parenting???

Didn't bother reading the whole artical, but I think if you don't want kids, you shouldn't have them. Kids aren't toys on a shelf that you play with whenever you want
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:39 PM   #3
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

I haven't finished the article, but I just had to share the following:

-"All us bored mothers can take comfort from the fact that our children may yet turn out to be more balanced than those who are love-bombed from the day they are born.

Research increasingly shows that child-centred parenting is creating a generation of narcissistic children who cannot function independently.

'Their demand for external support is enormous,' says Kati St Clair. 'They enter the real world totally ill-prepared. You damage a child just as much by giving them extreme attention as you do by ignoring them altogether. Both are forms of abuse.'"-

Give me a break!

Oh, and these:

-"Because I have categorically said: 'I am not a waitress, a driver or a cleaner,' my children have learned to put away their plates and tidy up their rooms. They've become brilliant planners, often inviting their friends to come for the weekend (because I've forgotten to bother)."-

-"They stopped asking me to take them to the park (how tedious) years ago. But now when I try to entertain them and say: 'Why don't we get out the Monopoly board?' they simply look at me woefully and sigh: 'Don't bother, Mum, you'll just get bored.'

How right they are."-

Geez. I'd be lying if I told you I didn't get bored on occasion...and I don't necessarily mean bored because of nothing to do..but bored for lack of adult interaction...with that said, I would never treat my children the way this woman claims to in her article. I brought my children into this world..it wasn't their choice. It's my responsibility, as their mother, to make sure they're cared for and nurtered in every way possible. Not to shove them off on a nanny and go get a pedicure or do anything at all to spend the majority of my time away from them because they're "boring"....geez! Parenting is not a 24/7 party...while I do love it, it's not just all giggles and fun..all the time. It's just not.

I can't imagine not snuggling with my boys. I would be so lonely in her life. I'm not needy, but I love my children so dearly - even when I'm bored.

Last edited by jls~Kain~Drake; 08-02-2006 at 02:54 PM.
jls~Kain~Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:04 PM   #4
christi2705
Registered Users
seller

How horrible! I can't imagine never wanting to be around my child! I mean why even have kids? She said that kids only need food, shelter, and to be "told" that they are loved. What about showing them! These are the poor kids who end up in therapy!
Old 08-02-2006, 03:04 PM   #5
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think that lady's blathering is what's boring... I didn't finish the article, but yeah.. if you don't want to be a mother of a family, don't make a family.
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:14 PM   #6
drenotdoctor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Angry Re: Opposite of AP Parenting???

Absolutely devastating that some one would "parent" their own children like that. Why even have them in the first place if you don't want to love on them, cherish them and play with them?! Never in a million years would I even imagine traeting my kids like that. Never.

"Frankly, as long as you've fed them, sheltered them and told them they are loved, children will be fine."

Maybe they will be Fine, but what about well adjusted, happy, confident, trusting in their parents, not to mention how they feel towards you-as a parent!

UGGGGGHHHH!
Old 08-02-2006, 03:20 PM   #7
MommyMommyMommy
Registered Users
seller

I've been thinking lately that a great many problems in this world are caused by selfish people and this just proves it!
MommyMommyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:21 PM   #8
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:

I found it boring too and had to stop reading a long time before I reached the end.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:22 PM   #9
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

WTF!!!!

Quote:
Geez. I'd be lying if I told you I didn't get bored on occasion...and I don't necessarily mean bored because of nothing to do..but bored for lack of adult interaction...with that said, I would never treat my children the way this woman claims to in her article. I brought my children into this world..it wasn't their choice. It's my responsibility, as their mother, to make sure they're cared for and nurtered in every way possible. Not to shove them off on a nanny and go get a pedicure or do anything at all to spend the majority of my time away from them because they're "boring"....geez! Parenting is not a 24/7 party...while I do love it, it's not just all giggles and fun..all the time. It's just not.
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:47 PM   #10
SoftBumBaby
Registered Users

Holy crap.

What a jerk*ff.

Autism Every Day
SoftBumBaby is offline   Reply With Quote