Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2006, 03:59 PM   #11
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Opposire of AP Parenting???

LMAO!! I didn't read the whole thing either because it was BORING!! I'd MUCH rather spend time with my kids at the movies than texting friends! Talk about Carpal-Tunnel!! LOL I'm not going to judge her or whatever, but she needs a wake up call. What if something horrible happened to her kids? Would she find the time to sit in a BORING hospital room with a comatose child?? Or take them for a BORING chemo session?? Gosh, I just wish people appreciated what they have and didn't act as if it was something passed on to them as a chore! She chose to have 2 kids, if 1 wasn't her thing why have another 2yrs later? How hard is it to read your kid a book at night? Its just trivial to me why she would treat her kids like that! How sad!

Advertisement

Old 08-02-2006, 04:04 PM   #12
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok, that article was so boring and disgusting that I couldn't even read the whole thing. I'd rather be cuddling my son than read that trash. UGH. Her poor, poor children!
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:18 PM   #13
aliks
Registered Users
seller

ugh, that really makes me mad! My son is napping now so I'm bored lol.
aliks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:13 PM   #14
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

Hmmm... I don't agree with everything she said. I can honestly say that I don't want to spend every waking free moment I have with my kids. I love them to death and I am SAHM too and majority of my time is with them but I do like time to myself and I do like to do other things besides stuff that revolve around my kids and yes there are days where I am bored of kids things and all the domestic stuff too. doesn't make me a bad mom because I am like that. Some mothers still need their own idenity and life. It is not all or nothing when it comes to parenting/motherhood.

Last edited by pinkflamingos77; 08-02-2006 at 06:16 PM.
pinkflamingos77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:49 PM   #15
8blessings
Registered Users

My Mood:

how sad.
If this is an example of the majority of mothers today, then no wonder things are so bad right now. ugh.
just ugh.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:11 PM   #16
twinsmomkatie
Registered Users
seller

I forget . . . what is boredeom, again?
Old 08-02-2006, 07:24 PM   #17
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i read that this morning on a different board i visit....that mama is crazy!! I really don't understand how a mother could feel that way towards her kids. I go to and LOVE to go to ALL my sons soccer games. I would NEVER miss one unless something TERRIBLY important came up like when i was in the hospital giving birth to my 3rd child LOL!

But i have to say sometimes i secretly feel like sneaking away and just being by myself sometimes w/o being a MOM. Being a sahm to my 3 WILD kids can drive me bonkers sometimes. I don't get much 'ME' time EVER so it would be nice to have some once in a while. But NOT like that mama is talking about. I am VERY active in EVERYTHING they do! I can probly name off every kid in my sons class last year and my dds preK LOL!
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:28 PM   #18
shell015
Banned
seller

OK So... give them up for adoption to one of the millions of ttc but can't mamas out there. What a piece of crap! They should take her kids away from her just based on that article!
shell015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:40 PM   #19
driftymaer
Registered Users
seller

Sounds like my sister in law. No clue on anything in her childrens lives, but of course she'll deny it or make excuses. The usual one is I had to work and I was sleeping before my next shift. Ugh. I can't stand this kind of attitude-and she has no idea why her children act like they do and have the problems the have. My brother slings cinderblocks around all day and yet he's the one that wakes up at 4 to do the kids laundry for school and make the lunches and get them ready and take them-then leave work early to pic them up adn usually take them to my parents to watch-she's still sleeping at this point-adn then go back to work to make up for the time he lost-and work overtime to show that he appreciates that he's alowed to leave and get the kids. Pick them up and go home to get them ready for the next day-if there at the other grandparents then he has to make them dinner too. My mom makes dinner for them and for my brother. Oh and the reason he works so hard-her paycheck does not go towards anything for the home or children. Stupid B*&#(&*$. Sorry this is just a sore subject with me. I wonder what this ladies husband is like-if she doesn't care then what about him?
driftymaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:20 PM   #20
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

Ugh! I posted a comment on there. I can't believe that lady. I, like other, didn't read the whole thing because it's ridicously long. She said she text messaged through 2 hours of the Pirates of the Carribean movie that she went to with her children. SAD!