Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2006, 12:06 PM   #1
holliegoddyn
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question Want to have another one without fert. drugs...

Hi everyone. I just had my little miracle on Oct.29th 2005! He's such a joy! I would like to try to have another one. My hubby and I were trying to have a baby for 10 years. We fianlly moved out of our small town and to a big city. I then went to the Fertility clinic and did Puregon (injectables) and had an IUI done . And foila!!! Evan was born! Oh, I also forgot to mention that I was diagnosed with PCOS (Polycyctic Ovarian Syndrome) I had no periods for even a year at a time! Was great when I was not trying to concieve let me tell you! But now I seem to be getting my cycle every month on the exact day! Very happy about this by the way So how do I go about getting preggers? When should we try?? Before period /after??? I have no idea as I have been infertile for so long! I am addicted to this site now and all I can do is read all these post and buy diapers! No time to surf the web for answers! I would love to have some personal input about this issue!

Advertisement

Old 08-02-2006, 12:16 PM   #2
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Want to have another one without fert. drugs...

The best way to get pregnant (not a surefire way as there are lots of mama's who do it without success) is to chart...that way you can pinpoint when you're ovulating and try to conceive around that time. TYPICALLY, people ovulate in the middle of their cycle...14 days prior to expected AF. I say typically...because it REALLY varies for everyone...some people ovulate early, some late..you get the idea...so charting will help you identify when you ovulate.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:35 PM   #3
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

I really suggest charting, too! It's probably the best way to help you learn about your cycle, too.
That being said, Jen is right on the 14 days thing. If you just wanted to try w/o charting that would be what I would suggest. Honestly, though, I had super long cycles and was ovulating 35 days into them - it really is best to chart first to see how your body works.
I used www.fertilityfriend.com when I was charting. I could pull up my chart for you, but it never shows up in the link right. If you wander around that site it will help you figure out how to start charting, and all the different variables you can use to help with conceiving. Good luck!
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:03 PM   #4
holliegoddyn
Registered Users

My Mood:
Smile Re: Want to have another one without fert. drugs...

Hay thanks alot ladies!!! I mean short of my hubby quitting his job to just have sex all day I guess this is the next best thing! That way the bills keep getting paid! Thanks though..really I appreciate it and I will check out that site!!!
Old 08-02-2006, 02:02 PM   #5
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

Post children, I found out I had PCOS...but prior to children, I was really regular and I could identify by cm (cervical mucous/discharge) when i was ovulating and it was directly in the middle of my cycle. So, if you're not wanting all the hassle of taking temperature and cervical mucous and all of that jazz...I would just start out by assuming that ovulation is somewhere around 14 days pre-AF. It was fairly obvious to me by paying attention to my cm when I'd ovulate. Not everyone is so lucky, and I realize that.

Good luck in your journey to baby-making
Old 08-02-2006, 02:13 PM   #6
holliegoddyn
Registered Users

My Mood:

What do you mean by "AF"?? I seem to have my period for about 3 weeks straight! When should I be looking at the best time to try do you think?? I do now notice a difference in CM before my period comes...very...how should I say sticky (sorry to offend anyone if I did)
Old 08-02-2006, 02:23 PM   #7
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

AF is aunt flo - or period. I would probably be having sex approximately 2 weeks after your period ENDS as a place to start. That's why charting would be kind of important if any part of your cycle seems to be sort of extreme.
Yeah, before your ovulate you can usually see some eggwhite CM (it really will look like eggwhite out of the egg - not cooked of course, LOL) and it will be slimey and you could stretch it between your thumb and forefinger if you tried. LOL, sounds kinda gross but after we ttc for so long I'll talk about anything. Sticky CM (if it's just sticky) is generally the in between AF and your eggwhite CM. Watch for a few days of stretchy clear or sort of whitish CM - that should be right around ovulation.
You can also get into checking your cervix, but I would start by checking your CM first.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:50 PM   #8
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Wechsler. it's a wealth of knowledge about using charting avoid and to get pregnant.
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:08 PM   #9
holliegoddyn
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow thanks soooooo much for all your help! I really needed it!