Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2006, 02:59 PM   #1
clothluvinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
just curious

how did you tell your hubby you were pg?

Advertisement

Last edited by clothluvinmom; 08-03-2006 at 03:43 PM.
clothluvinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:28 PM   #2
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: i need ideas :)

Hmmm... maybe do a themed dinner tonight? Baby spinach, baby corn, eggs... LOL and then instead of putting silverware in a nice napkin you could wrap up the test and tie it with a tiny pc of ribbon?? I guess it depends on what you have accessable? I took one of those digital tests and handed it to dh before the results came up and RAN out of the room! LOL When he came in the room he had the biggest eyes I've ever seen!! Well except the time I wrapped up the + HPT in tissue on Father's Day! LOL I told him it was his "special" gift and that he had to open it alone! LOL So he went in the bathroom and I could see his expression through the mirror! LOL We haven't ever really PLANNED our babies but loved and welcomed them just the same!
Old 08-02-2006, 06:23 PM   #3
KuddlyKreations
Registered Users

My Mood:

I second the dinner theme LOL. But I'd eat the whole meal and then say. Honey how was supper? Did you notice anything special about it? Most likely he will say no. Thats when you go get "dessert" and have some blue and pink iced cupcakes with the pee test sticking in the center one like a candle LOL
KuddlyKreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:48 PM   #4
clothluvinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thats great kim i love the cupcake thing that would be too funny!
Old 08-03-2006, 12:55 AM   #5
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LMAO !!! I love the cupcake idea....clever! You could also dress your DC in shirts that say I'm the big sister/ brother... And just go on like normal until he reads their shirts....
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:46 AM   #6
idlewildponies
Registered Users

My Mood:

If he's at work and you have the option, you could take a pic of the + test and email it to him.
idlewildponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:18 AM   #7
deejahd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Man I wish I had thought of a clever way to tell DH about this one...but when the test actually showed a +++ my brain left my body and I couldn't come up with anything. I think I appeared in the doorway with the test and said 'you wanna hear something funny'. I couldn't wait to tell him...
Old 08-03-2006, 08:27 AM   #8
rpg_mommy
Registered Users

I didn't have a funny way to tell my hubby...he was standing outside the bathroom when I took my test and he heard me say "OH...Sh*t!" I mean, we were trying, so I was excited, just kind of taken aback that it was REAL this time after so many negative tests.

My mom, however...she came over for supper and I told her I had something for her. Gave her my half empty box of tampons and said "You can have these...I won't be needing them for a good long while."

I love the baby foods dinner idea! The "I'm the big sister/brother" t-shirt is great too! I'd probably do something like that with our next one - get Ian a shirt or something. DH is oblivious a lot of the time - he probably wouldn't even notice right away! LOL
rpg_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 08:47 AM   #9
babydogs3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: just curious

You all have such creative ways of telling your husband that you're pregnant.

I'm not pregnant yet but am already trying to think of a creative way to tell him. Knowing me though I'll probably just blurt it out to him or he'll be standing outside the bathroom door when I test!
Old 08-07-2006, 07:06 AM   #10
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:
Re: just curious

With #1 I told my bf on the phone but we already suspected ~ he had my morning sickness We were so excited, he came over with a test (I found out at the doctors) just so he could see the +.

With #2 I told dh on the phone ~ not a good response at all. We were happy with ds and he was 7 years old. Big shock!!

With #3 it was planned so when I found out I got 2 dozen roses and slipped the positive paper (from the docs) into the card holder. One dozen roses from me and one from the baby. He read the card and said "what's positive?" and I said "I am" and we were both grinning from ear to ear.

The way I told my family about #3 was by having dd wear a "I'm going to be a Big Sister" shirt around. My mom instantly read it and was squeeling like a child. It ttook everyone else a little time to figure it out.