Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2006, 12:16 PM   #21
kkweight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many c-secs can you have?

The chance of having a uterine rupture is less then 1%,and your chances increase with certain variables.
You can have numerous Csections and then choose to have a VBAC. In my ICAN group theres a woman there who has 5 csections and had the rest HVBAC. She has 9 children total.
So, really i think its based on what you feel is safe and OK for your body.
In my state, the best chance for a successful VBAC is at home. In the hospital i would be monitored full time and teathered to a bed, which we all know that those circumstances can greatly affect how your body labors and births. Its not the ideal position for your baby to move down the birth canal and you can run into several problems. We have one birth center here and they wont take us because was are considered high risk, but they will take mulitples and gestational diabetes.lol
Honestly, if i were you i would get involved in the local ICAN group in your area since every state is different and the doctors in each area vary so much.
Also, something to think about is that when using a midwife they are often tapped into a wisdom that surpasses any OB/GYN. They know the signs and what happens before an actual uterine rupture, in my area they have a track record of catching them before the happen or right when they are beginning. With an OB/GYN they are often caught after they have happened or too late to do anything. They watch the mom very closely and can pick up on them before the actual tear occurs. If that ever happens to me i would rather be in the care of a midwife then an OB/GYN.
Also, with an OB/GYN in the event of a stuck baby they have a few differnet tequniques to get the baby unstuck, with an OB/GYN, they might allow you to try a few things but ultimatly, its an automatic csection.
Anyhow, ill leave it at that and hope that you make a desicion that you feel comfortable with.

Advertisement

kkweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:25 PM   #22
scwendy
Registered Users
seller

Re: How many c-secs can you have?

Never heard of any limits from my OB/GYN.

I have only had three personally, but another woman at the same practice was pregnant w/number 8 (all previous 7 were C/S).
scwendy is offline   Reply With Quote