Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-01-2006, 07:42 AM   #1
flutist
Registered Users

My Mood:
How do I convince hubby?*UPDATE!!!***

How do I convince my hubby that now is the right time to have a second baby? I'm totally ready and he says we're not financially ready!!! When are you ever "ready". Our first will be a year this month and I want them close together, he says it's too close. What do I do???

HELP!!!!!

UPDATE!!!!

We had a long talk last night (Aug 2nd '06) and after consideration MY HUBBY AGREED THAT NOW IS THE TIME TO TTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you mamas for all your advice, I think some of it helped! Now all I need to do is figure out if I've ovulated or not. I'm bf my 11mos. old and I've had AF once or twice. Wish me luck girls!!!

Advertisement

Last edited by flutist; 08-02-2006 at 02:00 PM.
flutist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:35 AM   #2
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do I convince hubby?

When you figure it out, let me know - mine's still not totally convinced! We did the not-trying/not-preventing thing a couple times this month but he will not purposely try.
Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:43 PM   #3
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't know how to convince him, but mine are 5 days shy of 19months apart (got pg when #1 was 11mo)...and I love it...*IF* I had to change anything...I'd make them closer together....BUT, I think it's perfect the way it is So far, #2 hasn't been that much more expensive than only having 1. When you consider cloth diapers, breastfeeding, etc...and mine were both boys, so #2 was LOADED with clothes..most of them still new looking ...For US, adding him hasn't been too much different on the bank acct. And, supposedly, when they're close together - they're supposed to be great friends and all that jazz When my 2.5yo gets up in the morning, first thing he does is look for his little brother.

Anyway, I don't have any real advice If I'd have told my husband all that I just said, he wouldn't have been convinced But, now he's happy
Old 08-01-2006, 02:00 PM   #4
flutist
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks for the advice I really hope I can convince him I'm crying inside for #2!!!
Old 08-01-2006, 05:56 PM   #5
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

I have ds 4 1/2 and dd who is 2 and dh has agreed to a #3, but he still says not yet. I like a little space but not to be too far apart. My advice though is to not push too much or he might just say no way for good.
Blackbirdlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:02 PM   #6
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Financially ready? Babies barely cost anything if you stay home with them, breastfeed, cd, and use handmedowns! Easier said than done I guess . It's not like your gonna be sending to college anytime soon! Okay, I am probably not being very helpful. Maybe you can talk him into it at an intimate moment? BTW mine are 2 yrs apart and that is PERFECT! Maybe compromise and wait just a few more months? That way the handmedowns from the first will all be the right seasons
Old 08-01-2006, 06:13 PM   #7
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

We're not ttc right now but the baby fever has been creeping in on me it HAS to wait with our family, at least until Danae is all better and healthy again

i'd write down all the pro's for having another, there really isnt a Right time to have another financially, bills will always be there. i also agree not to overpush because it might turn him off completely to ever wanting to have another, goodluck mama
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:13 PM   #8
flutist
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks Sally!!! and by the way I send my prayers and thoughts to your little Danae!!!!
Old 08-02-2006, 02:02 PM   #9
flutist
Registered Users

My Mood:

I added a super update to my drama!! Thanks to all of you who gave your advice!!!
Old 08-03-2006, 07:40 AM   #10
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

I'm glad it worked out! My dh was convinced we should wait, too. But I convinced him that I am the one giving birth and raising the kids. I don't want to wait until we are done with bottles, diapers, night feedings, being fat.... just to start it again. I'm already used to these things now lol. That and I pretty much just attacked him and wouldn't take no for an anwser.