Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2006, 09:39 AM   #1
RedSoxFan1
Banned
seller

Okay. I need some help.

Hi mamas!

I am revamping ds's stash out of necessity. A trade gone bad has left me with almost no diapers (I sent most of my pf's out to be made into prefitteds but the mama has gone AWOL on me). I have not much $$ to work with, but I figure I can spend about $50 this month, or what I would have spent on disposibles.

I am going to get: 2 dozen UBCPF's (premiums), and maybe if I can afford them and find some used, some tie dyed ones to replace the few I bought at Funky Monkey Fluff (seriously bummed at this)

I am getting: 1 peace fleece soaker; 2 pairs wool shorties (off MDC's TP). I have 2 other pairs shorties, although one of them is getting kind of small. I figure to just use shorties all summer since I'd have to buy ds shorts anyway.

So, I am thinking I'm going to need a couple nylon/pul covers for under clothes occasionally -- Dappis or Bummis or something. Maybe another pair of shorties.

What else? I am DESPERATELY in need of a nighttime solution. DESPERATELY. DS is an extremely heavy wetter. I had him in a Huggies Overnight last night and those disgusting gel beads got all over him. They are going right out to the donation bin, but in the meantime I have to come up with something I can afford that actually works (he co-sleeps, I don't want a wet bed). Our bedroom gets chilly at night. Maybe those Aristocrat longies? Something else? What to put underneath? I am seriously DESPERATE. (

Help me.

Advertisement

RedSoxFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 11:17 AM   #2
offlikeapromdress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Okay. I need some help.

for nitetime just use a prefold with a soaker in it and some wool, maybe that will help. I bought a wool soaker from beepsmnmm (?) on here for $10 she made from a sweater and I love it and it works great at nite. So sorry to hear about your scam. I hate it when that happens.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:57 AM   #3
alisonsage
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh mama, that's horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if you sew or not, but here is what I would do. I would make a doubler out of old recieving blankets and/or towels (probably 2 layers of flannel, 2 of terry) and top it w/ a layer of flannel, and then make a butt sweater out of a good thick felted wool sweater.

Here's a linky to some instructions!
http://www.angelfire.com/biz/mothers...ds/mypatt.html

Again, I'm so sorry you got fleeced!

SAGE WOOLIES-Custom crocheted shorties and capris GALLERY
alisonsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:07 PM   #4
sunshineandlove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

To hold you over until you can rebuild your stash I would recommend the Gerber vinyl pull on covers. They sell them at walmart target etc for like $6 or less for 6. I use fleece pockets with 3 joey bunz and a microfiber towel for Luke all under a Gerber cover. These things never leak! It can get ugly if a poo dipe leaks inside the cover but they can help to get your through the rough stop.

OT, I am so sad and sorry to hear how you lost your stash!
sunshineandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:34 PM   #5
kthoelen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is so horrible.
I have a super wetter at night too. I use the honeyboys dipes on him and have NEVER had a problem and he never wants to get changed in the morning so sometimes he goes half the morning b4 I can get him to get changed.(It isn't worth the battle unless he stinks or has leaked!!)
I hope you get something that works for you. So sorry you got scammed.

Kerri
Old 04-29-2006, 01:49 PM   #6
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

PM'ing ya
Old 04-29-2006, 02:32 PM   #7
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

Thats horrible. For nighttime you could double up your prefolds, and add a doubler I would actually wrap a prefold around a microfiber towel. Folded in thirds as the doubler and then slap a recycled wool cover over the whole thing. I am pretty sure this would hold him and be pretty inexpensive till you can get something else arranged. Yep the gerber plastic pants would work till you could get something else too. Also this site has a sale you might check her prefold and flats. http://www.nurturingmomandbaby.com/
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 02:46 PM   #8
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What size is your ds? I may have some extra UBCPF and wool to help you out.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:20 AM   #9
RedSoxFan1
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLove
What size is your ds? I may have some extra UBCPF and wool to help you out.
Wow, thank you so much all you mamas who have offered help. It means so much to me.

DS is I guess a medium. He is tall, with a long rise (about 17" or so) but fairly skinny, I think about 18 lbs. maybe slightly more.

I like the prefold wrapped around a microfiber towel, I have plenty of those towels. FB's didn't work great for us but I still have the towels, lol. I also have a couple hemp doublers with microfleece I could stick on top.

If you were going to buy ONE nighttime diaper, one that is relatively easy to get and affordable, what would it be?

I also think I am going to dig up some old cashmere sweaters my dad gave my dh (who never wears them) and send them to Amanda to make into recycled shorties. Does cashmere work for that (even with a couple moth holes)?
RedSoxFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 07:26 AM   #10
Choose2bgr8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Fleece AIOs can work well at night too. That is what we used last night.
Choose2bgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote