Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-01-2007, 08:46 AM   #51
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need to talk to a site mod? PLEASE SEE POST #49

I pm'd too, he doesn't know how to get to any of that stuff, what I recieved prompt responses from was email
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaNickie View Post
Thanks so much for the post. I am hoping everything is okay with the baby and I give her and her dh credit for trying to follow through. Not quite sure why I haven't received any responses to my PMs from much earlier (or the strange name issue) - but am certainly willing to put aside my suspicions for now.

Advertisement

Old 12-01-2007, 09:32 AM   #52
Braggarmywife28
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need to talk to a site mod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyMama0607 View Post
hey, you live in ky! me too
She's one of my bestest irl friends...she lives by Ft Campell
Braggarmywife28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:05 AM   #53
this_mel_rocks
Registered Users
seller

For momma and baby.
this_mel_rocks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:24 AM   #54
iKim
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmommy View Post
OK mamas, I emailed and reached her DH, I am including the correspondences between him and myself, with his permission of course.

Hi,
Thank you very much for contacting me. My wife is the one who is on DiaperSwappers so I had no idea who to contact. My wife went into preterm labor and the Dr's were unable to stop it in time and we had our little boy on Nov. 28th at 3:30 am at 29 weeks 2 lbs 6oz 16 inches long. He is doing ok he is in the Nicu and my wife is still in the hospital. This was unexpected and my wife told me about all the trades she did. I want to do her part but I do not know where to start! Is there a way to get a list of people with their name and address and what I need to mail them? Also anything else that my wife needs to do? I expect her home the second week in Dec. maybe sooner if things get under control. I check my email once at night and once in the morning if I have time. I still have 2 other kids to get ready and take care of. Please let me know any info that you ca give me! Thank you so much

James

Hi,
Wow that was fast! Thank you, Yes you can post that to the board! It took me forever to figure out how to start a thread there!!

24 weeks that is a worse case than what we have and we will be praying for that baby! Thank you so much for helping me. My wife will be happy, she felt so bad she did not want anyone to think bad about her. I will keep you updated, Thank you

Hello
Also people can contact me in private if they like too. Thank you again.

loaner38 @ hotmail.com without the spaces, I have also opened up her profile to accept emails from other members to make it easy for members to reach her.
Many Prayers to mama and baby
Old 12-01-2007, 10:33 AM   #55
Braggarmywife28
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaNickie View Post
Okay - I am not sure that I really want to know this answer, but I have to ask. To the other momma's that did ship her stuff - what name did she ask you to ship to? As in, was the name that you addressed your trade to different than Ashley as she says her name is here? Also, does it seem strange to anyone else that she introduced herself as Ashley with an e, but her "dh" in the first post typed Ashly? I understand typos and all, but usually even my dh doesn't type my name wrong...

Maybe I am just getting paranoid. All along I have been assuming that maybe something went wrong with her pregnancy, but now that I see that she has been making trades with others and PMing them, I am really suspicious. I have been asking her questions about my shipment since November 9th and technically it should have arrived around November 13th give or take a few. My last PM reply from her was the 9th and I see many others posting that their transactions started long after that.
OMFG the names TOTALLY different..the name she told me to send to is EDITED TO REMOVE NAME !!!WTF is REALLY going on here?????????????Anyone want to know the name pm me...

Last edited by Braggarmywife28; 12-01-2007 at 10:39 AM.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:36 AM   #56
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

You might wanna remove that private info there momma.

To the Mom, dad, and new baby, I am sooo very sorry to hear about the unfortunate events, please forgive me for not being trusting, I am deeply sorry for not trusting and being so skeptical.
Many prayers for baby, momma and family.

Last edited by Hayley; 12-01-2007 at 10:38 AM.
Hayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:39 AM   #57
Braggarmywife28
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
You might wanna remove that private info there momma.

To the Mom, dad, and new baby, I am sooo very sorry to hear about the unfortunate events, please forgive me for not being trusting, I am deeply sorry for not trusting.
Many prayers for baby, momma and family.
so you honestly still believe this even though she gave everybody different names?????
Old 12-01-2007, 10:42 AM   #58
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braggarmywife28 View Post
so you honestly still believe this even though she gave everybody different names?????

How do you know what other names she gave? Do you know for certain that she really isn't in the hospital and that she just gave birth to a preemie? I am going to error in the side of caution and believe that there really is something medically going on and pray that things turn out ok. I had a pre-term baby and my only concern was him, if I had trades out there and items I needed to send that would be my VERY LAST concern.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:06 AM   #59
brigadoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

okay i'm just gonna throw this out here, i haven't been involved in any trades or sells with this mama, i haven't talked to her personally, but i can't say that i'm weirded out that she's using a different name on the internet forums than what may actually be her real name. the internet isn't as safe and trustworthy place as we sometimes get fooled into believing. maybe she just wanted to conceal her identity except to those with whom she transacted with. i know that i don't put my name out on these message boards, nor do i link my livejournal or myspace pages. i've put up a couple pictures, but it's harder to stalk someone through an image than through a name, kwim? being one who has personally dealt with stalkers for the last 2 years, i can't say i blame her for using a pseudonym on a public message board.

*this all said in assumption that the name to which items are being sent is the same name, albeit different than "Ashley"*
Old 12-01-2007, 11:13 AM   #60
erthangel
Registered Users
seller

I am conflicted.. I totally hope and pray this story is true and the baby will make it out of the NICU.. What a scary time for a mama! I can't imagine!! And trades, sales, feedback, whatever would be the LAST LAST thing on my mind!!

BUT.. I have a PM on 11-21 from this mama, saying she mailed my payment (Money order) and here it is 12-1 and no money order yet. I am hoping it's delayed with Christmas cards going out early! This was a week before dad said the baby came, and that it was ALREADY in the mail.

Prayers for this mama whatever the situation may be, take care of the baby first and foremost!. Life is precious.