Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2007, 01:17 PM   #31
Lee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Getting directed to a "spam killer" site?

http://www.wired.com/techbiz/media/n...11/doubleclick

Here is the deal. I have researched this and asked around. For the final time I will say that DS doesn't have anything to do with spyware, malware, and the like. I detest that stuff just as much as you do. You can read the above article and hopefully have a better understanding of what has happened here.

We work with top tier (not scummy, but highly rated / respected) ad networks on DS. Occasionally, they get hit with a scamming company that tries to use their ad platform to spread this crummy stuff. I have been informed by one of our ad networks that they have found the scamming hacker and are shutting them down. I have also blocked the particular ad that seemed to be giving us trouble. We will wait and see if this is all fixed now, but it should be cleared up very soon.

Once again, I am not here to spread any junk like this, nor is DS a scammy site (I think you all should know that). Not only do I spend a great sum of money to keep this place up and running, but we have come out with a new design, new logo, Christmas logo, LESS ADS, and so on. I want to make your experience a fantastic one!

Thanks for listening...

Advertisement

Last edited by Juan M; 12-03-2007 at 01:21 PM. Reason: one misspelled word
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:25 PM   #32
Ken
The Techy Guy
seller

My Mood:

Video demo:
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:43 PM   #33
MJHARK
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks a bunch "techies" for fixing this for us.....We really do appreciate you

Marlene
MJHARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:49 PM   #34
jackie010307
Registered Users
seller

Yay!! Thank you, thank you! It's good to know that it's taken care of and that when there's a problem it's taken care of as quickly as possible!
Old 12-04-2007, 01:08 PM   #35
Heatherdoodle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just fo not understand if people are having such a problem with this happening al the time and it is because of the ad programs or whatever you are using then why not stop using htem. What is th point ofthe ads? I am a member of several other forums that have ads on them and none of them have problems like this. Just get rid of the ads and you get rid of the problems. Make sence to me.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:24 PM   #36
ishwishdish
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for fixing this! Happened to me and scared the you know what outta me. Yikes!
ishwishdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 02:53 PM   #37
selena61978
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherdoodle View Post
I just fo not understand if people are having such a problem with this happening al the time and it is because of the ad programs or whatever you are using then why not stop using htem. What is th point ofthe ads? I am a member of several other forums that have ads on them and none of them have problems like this. Just get rid of the ads and you get rid of the problems. Make sence to me.
thats how he makes a living you realize he doesn't run the site out of the goodness of his heart. the ads pay him a fortune so no matter what they do to us they aren't going away
selena61978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:38 PM   #38
Lee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by selena61978 View Post
thats how he makes a living you realize he doesn't run the site out of the goodness of his heart. the ads pay him a fortune so no matter what they do to us they aren't going away
The ads don't make me a fortune and you forget it costs quite a bit to keep DS online (and FREE) to the 13,000+ mamas that visit every day and use our great community to help make a living (WAHMs), build relationships, and find great information. If all someone has to offer is criticism and put downs, you need to go. You are not just disrespecting me, but all the other mamas who ARE Diaper Swappers. I am going to do more to protect our kind DS mamas from people who puke up their unhappiness here.

You apparently didn't read my earlier post about how this was a hacking attempt through a top tier ad network, but you probably wouldn't care either way. I am banning you and leaving your post online for all to see. This is exactly what is NOT wanted at DS.

Last edited by Lee; 12-04-2007 at 03:40 PM.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:22 AM   #39
nadjarea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, Lee, that was pretty harsh.

Why have the ads then if they don't make you any money? Everyone hates them, how many moms really click the linky to these, probably not very many.

So tell us, since it's so important to stand up for the ads to ban people, why keep them if they don't make you any money?

Is it for the good of the moms, who HATE them?
Old 12-05-2007, 07:02 AM   #40
rachellepowell
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
The ads don't make me a fortune and you forget it costs quite a bit to keep DS online (and FREE) to the 13,000+ mamas that visit every day and use our great community to help make a living (WAHMs), build relationships, and find great information. If all someone has to offer is criticism and put downs, you need to go. You are not just disrespecting me, but all the other mamas who ARE Diaper Swappers. I am going to do more to protect our kind DS mamas from people who puke up their unhappiness here.

You apparently didn't read my earlier post about how this was a hacking attempt through a top tier ad network, but you probably wouldn't care either way. I am banning you and leaving your post online for all to see. This is exactly what is NOT wanted at DS.
So what you are telling me is that it's NOT okay to question or already shady ethics, but it is perfectly fine for mama's on here to be hatefull and rude to the other mama's here? It is okay for WAHMS here (please mama's, understand this is not all, but a just a few... and you know who you are...) to beat down mama's just trying to start out with working at home to the point that they quit before they even get started? It's okay to post a thread showing off your work for others to say how horrible it is and yet... one member questions you and BAM, they are banned? I just don't understand!
rachellepowell is offline   Reply With Quote