Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2007, 05:34 AM   #11
beautiful8
Registered Users
Formerly: beautiful7
seller

My Mood:
Re: Colicky baby! :( , support needed please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaden's mom View Post
My DS had colic and it is so, so hard. He also had reflux which was helped with medication. Now this might sound weird but the sound of the vacuum worked for us. He'd be screaming and screaming and couldn't fall asleep and I'd turn the vacuum on and he'd fall asleep. It wasn't fool proof, but it helped. My husband's coworker actually found a vacuum audio recording on the computer and put it on a cd for his baby who was also collicky.
At around 3 or 4 months, he was a changed baby. It was remarkable. He became a happy, delightful little guy. He's still a busy boy and we have to be careful not overtire him. He has a difficult time unwinding and acts tired and overstimulated.
Do you have anybody that can give you a break? It is so exhausting and heartbreaking to feel so helpless. I hope that you can find the support you need.

Sort of, dh and I basically do it alone, I do have a SIL who lives near by but she has infant twins that are not quite a year, so she is busy with them

It is so awful, your right, when they cry and you feel hopeless to help them. I have had to excuse myself orm the room quite a few times because it was just...awful He screams bloidy murder, it is loud and sound like someone is hurting it

We had considered acid reflux, but the meds were kind if hit or miss to help him. At frist it seemed to help, but very quickly it stopped helping. (maybe 5 days into the trial?)

Helping un-constipate him helped, but again even last night, he was SUPER tired and wouldn't sleep, but eventualy browk out into a crying fit for about 15 minutes straight. DH was holding him, as I was chatting with my business artner on the phone, but his cries were so loud, HER baby started crying on the other endof the phone and I had tolet her go because it was that bad.

Of course there is that small *mommy* part of me that wonders if there isn't something MORE to the story, I suggested that at our doctor visit, but the doc (NOT our reg doc) kind of blew it off... I had asked if there as a posisblity of a blockage in his intestines, I don't know why but I just had this feeling there could be something like that. I dunno...

We did try th gripe water once last night and it seemed to help?! so...who knows, maybe he is just a fussier little guy than I am used to?

Advertisement

beautiful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:41 AM   #12
beautiful8
Registered Users
Formerly: beautiful7
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2c&a View Post
Ds was colicky and would scream for hours every day. We got gripe water when we were in the Bahamas and it did help some. Other than that I survived by wearing him.....hanging out in a wrap was the only thing that made him happy for the first few months.

DD had projectile spitup and the only thing that really helped was when she was put on meds (liquid Zantac).......and we did try many other things before the meds and it pretty much blew everyone's minds that she had that bad of reflux and was EBF. Again the wrap helped to save me too because she loved being worn in it. We didn't need the medication after she was around 5 or 6 months because she outgrew the reflux.

I hope you find a solution. Good luck!

Yeah Cohen does regurgitate food quite often but like I said, that medicine wasn't helping (I think he was on the generic for zantac actually...)

Also, I gotta admit, I am on my second carrier already and I cant say I have arrived in that area in terms of satisfaction *lol* I have a moby, which I love, but he HATES riding in it facing me....but he is only 9 weeks old, so his head support is minimal. And I have a mai tei, but again, I only know how to put him in it facing me and if he is asleep thats fine, but if not he HATES it and he lets everyone know it *lol*
I don't know what else to try, also, I would need something that is condusive to household chores, seeing as that is like 40% of my day. (I'm out numbered 8 to one here )
beautiful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:09 PM   #13
LovnMyBoys
Registered Users
seller

I agree with the food intolerances/reflux. The book "colic solved" by Dr V (hmmcan't think of the last name this late) was a very good read on the whole "colic"issue.
It's hard. We're still battling the intolerances here and ds is 6 mos.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:16 PM   #14
RockinClothBunz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ava was colicky for about 2 months. Every single night she would scream from 7-10. It SUCKED. Nothing I did helped her. I did finally, after a month of it, figure out the problem. I had an over-supply of milk and it was giving her lots of gassy and upset stomach problem. It took about a month for me to get it under control. After a week of my milk being completely under control, she stopped and was happy!

It was super hard. I felt so bad and so mad at myself when I got frustrated.
Auntie to Trentin 5-31-09
RockinClothBunz is offline   Reply With Quote