View Poll Results: Would you let your Dad watch you give birth?
Yes 49 27.53%
No 122 68.54%
Other....someone always picks other. 7 3.93%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2007, 12:18 PM   #21
mom2my3monkeys
Registered Users
Formerly: kwasiborski
seller

My Mood:
Re: Would you ever let your Dad watch you give birth?

OMG! No way!

Advertisement

Please visit my Etsy Shops!
mom2my3monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:33 PM   #22
girl920
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm sure it has a lot to do with your relationship with your father. My dad isn't perfect, and we've had our issues in the past... but he's not a bad guy, and I do love him a lot; I often fear he won't be around much longer (he's in poor health).

When I had my 1st child in Oct., I had DH, my mom, and my sister in the delivery room (the hospital had said only 2 people, but the nurse and MD didn't seem to care how many came in). Since my family arrived about the time I was to start pushing, I told my mom on the phone that only she and my sister might wanna come in, since it was about time. Dad was never really discussed; I guess I just assumed he would want to wait outside. After DS was born, my mom said "your dad was really disappointed he couldn't come in; he really wanted to be here and see it." He practically flew into the room as soon as they let him back. It was his first grandchild. I felt so bad when my mom told me that; because if she had said something earlier, I would've let Dad come in. I had no idea that's how he felt; I just assumed he wouldn't want to. He tends to "old-fashioned" in a lot of ways I am not, and while it wouldn't have bothered me to have him there, I thought it would bother him!

Oh well, maybe next time. :-) But yeah, bottom line is, it's each woman's personal decision, and not somehtign to be determined by what others would do.

-Mary

Married to my best friend Mike (05/12/07) ~ mommy to Ryan Michael (10/22/07)

girl920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:48 PM   #23
mom2madison06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My Dad was there when DD was born. He was behind my shoulders, being supportive. He wasn't watching like "Oh baby," or anything and I don't see anything wrong with it. He got to experience one of the best moments in my life with me, and that was great. My Mom, though, LOL, was on the business end of things. She's a nurse, though, so it wasn't too big a deal. I had more important things to worry about just then.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:48 PM   #24
lunamoth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Exclamation Re: Would you ever let your Dad watch you give birth?

NO WAY!
Only my husband and necessary medical personnel, thankyouverymuch!

Besides, my dad would NOT want to be there anyway. My mom & Dad were first to arrive the next morning, thyough, AFTER we told everyone when it was ALL OVER and we had had our own personal birth without a circus.

lunamoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:50 PM   #25
ShayneLeMaster
no caption needed
seller

My Mood:

I voted yes, as far as being allowed by the institution( hospitol) but the choice is really for the parents...

I would allow my dad assuming he wanted to be...but my step mother no way in hell....and I would definately let that be known lol
Old 12-03-2007, 12:51 PM   #26
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

if my dad was more mature and supportive i would...lol...but not actually with my dad. He would just bug me. I am having my MIL, hubby, midwife, and a camera crew (for our bradley video) though so i guess i am not too modest...especially since bradley couples everywhere will be watching. LOL. Might let my dad watched an edited version of the tape.
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:54 PM   #27
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

nak

wow, i guess i just have no idea what it feels like to have a loving and supportive dad. my loss, and his.
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:56 PM   #28
firethorn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

MY real father...I would like to have around so I could shoot him dead. LOL....no not realy kidding. My step dad no cuz its to private. But I can even stand having the hospital staff looking on. Im a prude. LOL
And any of my mothers other husbands should all be in jail for sex crimes so seeing me in the buff would make me NOT want to give birth.
So, in all, NO way in you know where.
BUT as someone said, it probably has a lot o do with the relationship a woman has with her father. How fantastic would it be to have such a wonderful loving father that to have him there would be a blessing? An honor?
Lynn, wife to one crazy Indian, mum to 13 blessings under foot and 4 at God's feet,unschooling, animal loving, mountain girl, domestic eng., survivalist, extremely devoted, value a word given, hopeless dreamer, hard to please, easy to please, homeopathic Dr. mum, gov. hating freedom advocate, believer in love, apocalypse, dragons and unicorns,[URL="http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=870947"]
firethorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:00 PM   #29
Kenziesmommy0707
Registered Users
seller

My dad was in the room with me at the end of the bed with everyone else but he was sitting on the floor with his head down crying...I was iffy about it at first but then I said whatever I didn't care who was in there and now I am glad he was in there because he is now in Iraq and felt that that was something special to him before he left.

So no I didnt care but I also had me(duh), DH, my mom, Dh mom, my dad, my SIL, my aunt, my moms bestfriend, and my grandma. Yep a ton of people but I wouldn't change it for the world.

<<Asked for account to be closed.>>
Kenziesmommy0707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:24 PM   #30
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Funny, I'd not let my dad in.. I love him, but he's such a know it all, I'd want to throttle him. As for women, I don't know, I think I'd be okay with any women I was close to.. a whole tribe if necessary. It's a woman power thing. On a funny spin off though, My mom was an OB nurse for like, 9 years.. I had some preterm labor with my last baby, and when the doctor (who was a QUACK, but that's for another story) heard that, she was like "Hey, then I'm just gonna send you home with some gloves, and if you feel contractions again, just have your mom check you..." in all seriousness. My moms mouth fell open, and I gave the "WTH you lazy @$$" look... ahhh. goodtimes.
Cautiously expecting number 5 in October
kymdenise is offline   Reply With Quote