Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
*Katherine*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Have you ever NOT remembered a nursing session?

This morning, I woke up at about 5:30 a.m. because Elizabeth was ready to nurse. I was laying on my left side and my right breast was as hard as a rock, but the left one was soft. I don't remember her nursing at all last night. All I can remember is unhooking the tank top for her to nurse but she fell asleep before taking the breast. Has this happened to anyone?

Advertisement

Old 12-03-2007, 03:23 PM   #2
dolphingirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Have you ever NOT remembered a nursing session?

That has happened to me countless times while nursing my babies at night! That's why when other moms ask me, "How many times does he wake up to nurse at night?" I oftentimes say, "I'm really not sure!" This is really bad, but it sometimes happens to me during the day as well! I'm so busy homeschooling the older kids and doing everything else moms need to do that sometimes I'll nurse my baby while reading a book to the others or something like that and then ten minutes later I have to ask my kids "Did I just nurse the baby?" It's just so second nature to me!! Embarrassing--thankfully it doesn't happen often!
Kristin
dolphingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #3
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Too many times to count Sometimes dh watches her at night when she won't sleep and then brings her to me when she gets tired and he said I just latch her on. LOL I don't even remember....its just 2nd nature anymore.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:53 AM   #4
Gizmo516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Every night, I think. I go to bed at 12 and wake up around 8 with the baby. I don't remember anything in between, but often I'm on my other side and both boobs are soft DH says whenever he wakes up to pee he sees the baby nursing...so I guess he does, but I'd never know! LOL

-Rach
Old 12-05-2007, 11:02 AM   #5
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I nursed in my sleep all the time. Once the baby gave me a hickey from suckling on the breast instead of the nipple.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:09 AM   #6
HaleysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All the time! I remember moving during the night but not the actual nursing. I couldn't say how many times DD nurses ...
HaleysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:27 AM   #7
mama2cody
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes View Post
I nursed in my sleep all the time. Once the baby gave me a hickey from suckling on the breast instead of the nipple.
That happened to me one night when we were staying at my SO's sister's camp. I was trying to keep DS quiet all night since camp is really tiny. I thought he was nursing and I went back to sleep. I woke up a little while later with a bruised feeling on my boob and the next morning you could see where he wasn't on the nipple, but next to it lol.
mama2cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:32 AM   #8
surecutie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ALLLL the time. I hardly ever remember the night sessions because I never fully wake up. It makes my rest a lot more peaceful that way. In fact, I can tell last night was a growth spurt night because he woke up like 5 times but I can't remember anything more than being kicked in my stomach constantly during his "nursing dance." Your little cutie is 6 days younger than my guy btw.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:39 PM   #9
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

All the time. Every night. That means I slept well, so I'm happy.

Frequently I'll go to sleep on one side of my baby but wake up on the other, like I've switched sides but I recollect none of it.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:54 PM   #10
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Oh yes, all the time!! Although with a younger babe I don't get in as deep of a sleep...but it does still happen. My ds1 use to nurse A LOT at night and I would wake up and not remember nursing, but I know he was and a lot. I think another reason I don't sleep as sound is because my 2 year old has become a crazy bed sleeper, he is ALL over the place.

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote