Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-05-2006, 04:26 PM   #21
rlharp5375
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: HH...are these horrible or is it just me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadedangels
I LOVE our HHs! I prefer them over any of my other pockets for fit. I use them overnite (the solids) with a CB insert and hemp behind it and NEVER a leak
I second that. We love them and use them with no problem. I follow HH care guide and dry on high every time. I also strip mine at least once a month just to be sure.

Advertisement

Old 08-05-2006, 08:51 PM   #22
cuties02q
Registered Users
seller
seller

I only have 1 but so far we have had no problems with it.
PhotographyBlog
cuties02q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 08:53 PM   #23
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:

HH fit my son like crap. The mediums don't fit him still but when he was in smalls and they fit, I loved mine.
I had problems with the print wicking, but I understand that's just how they are! Which sucks because they cost as much as the solids and perform about 1/2 as well.
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 08:55 PM   #24
PolkaDots
Registered Users

I think all these post stress the importance of trying a diaper on for fit before investing in any number of them. If a diaper doesn't fit well than it can not function well.

Pocket diapers are also sensitive to detergent build-up. To me it sounds like the original poster more than likely is/was having this issue and the urine just couldn't get through the fleece to the insert fast enough.

I hope this helps each of you,
PolkaDots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:38 AM   #25
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

didn't work for us either
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 06:19 AM   #26
Shay
Banned

I used a HH yesterday on the 5th old twins I babysat. It worked great on her. It held well.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:00 AM   #27
MaggieSqrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My theory on HHs is that they only work for babies with extremely chunky thighs. My dd has MEGA-thighs, I mean they are huge! (and so cute!). HHs are my favorite for daytime. I've never tried them at night, though. Even the prints are no problem for us. I can tell by the cut of the leg that they wouldn't work if she had "normal" or "skinny" thighs. She's just a chubby-thighed adorable chunky monkey!

I've also read this on other boards. I'd be curious to know if the people having trouble with HHs have babies with thinner thighs.

Maggie
MaggieSqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:36 AM   #28
lararum
Banned

HH were the first dipes we bought in March. My dd is really skinny, with skinny thighs, they worked great. I found the prints wicked with a super pee,and would never use them at night or for long outings.
Since then I've gotten addicted to fitteds, prefolds and wool. I never use them anymore, I'm about to fsot them.
We did have wicking problems with buildup, but they stripped pretty easily. I think they are a good first try for dipes since they are velcro.
lararum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:03 AM   #29
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieSqrl
My theory on HHs is that they only work for babies with extremely chunky thighs. My dd has MEGA-thighs, I mean they are huge! (and so cute!). HHs are my favorite for daytime. I've never tried them at night, though. Even the prints are no problem for us. I can tell by the cut of the leg that they wouldn't work if she had "normal" or "skinny" thighs. She's just a chubby-thighed adorable chunky monkey!

I've also read this on other boards. I'd be curious to know if the people having trouble with HHs have babies with thinner thighs.

Maggie
my dd is super skinny with super small thighs and i like HHs BETTER cause they fit her better than like FBs because they are so adjustable with the aplix.
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:24 PM   #30
mommymilk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sarah,

I love love love your site, as a matter of fact I have followed your directions for washing and am using Sun detergent. I rinse 3 times to make sure I get al the detergent out, and I know it is gone because I physically look in the washer after it agitates and there is still water in it...I also do the nasal aspirator test rather frequently. Do you have any other ideas as I have not heard back from HH yet .

TIA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaDots
I think all these post stress the importance of trying a diaper on for fit before investing in any number of them. If a diaper doesn't fit well than it can not function well.

Pocket diapers are also sensitive to detergent build-up. To me it sounds like the original poster more than likely is/was having this issue and the urine just couldn't get through the fleece to the insert fast enough.

I hope this helps each of you,
mommymilk is offline   Reply With Quote