Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2007, 07:29 AM   #1
AshleyS.03
Registered Users

My Mood:
Help!!! WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

I need advice right now PLEASE. My daughter is almost three and we just started her in an in-home preschool. I am not against in-home things at all. Here is my problem...The preschool is 150.00 a month and is a 40 min round trip drive. Making it an hour and 10 min drive a day for me to take and pick her up, plus she is only there for three hours a day M-F. Would you continue to take her? I also should add. She is only one of three kids (in the school) and she likes going and this is her only child interaction that she gets. That is why I am having such a hard time with this. But I have an expedition and the gas is killing me and we are trying to save money. If she isn't in in then I fill up once a month at 75. With her being in it costs me 75. a pay to fill it up. Actually the daycare is costing me 300.00 a month. Please someone help me on this. TIA

Ashley

Advertisement

*Ashley* married to my HS sweetheart and US Marine *03*.Mommy of one DD *05*,DS *06* and due *9/16* with DS #2.one angel baby in heaven *09*
AshleyS.03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:59 AM   #2
KJ,AJ,&RJ'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help!!! WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Wow that is a tough one. Are you sure that there is nothing closer for her that she can get involved in? I think that, personaly, I would end up taking her out b/c that is a LOT of money for so little time. I would feel bad knowing that she liked it, but maybe there is some kind of playgroup or something that she could get involved in instead. Good luck with your decision!
Ryan- 8/07 , and Kyler- 11/09

~Homeschooling, cloth loving, green family~
KJ,AJ,&RJ'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:34 AM   #3
AshleyS.03
Registered Users

My Mood:

I know it is tough. We just had new neighbors move in their kids are the same ages as mine so that will help with having kids to play with. I just feel awful for her since she likes going. But no their is no preschool closer because this is an inhome and in order to go to preschool where I live she has to be four by 0ct 16th so she will be 4 1/2 before she gets to start. Oh well, my husband said she does dance and that is good enough for now. When we move in a few months it is free for preschool so I will just put her in when we move. *SHRUG*
*Ashley* married to my HS sweetheart and US Marine *03*.Mommy of one DD *05*,DS *06* and due *9/16* with DS #2.one angel baby in heaven *09*
Old 12-04-2007, 08:37 AM   #4
ommelissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would take her out...but I'm frugal.
I yanked my dd for the same reason, but our preschool was much closer!
ommelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:56 AM   #5
AshleyS.03
Registered Users

My Mood:

I just felt like I was being selfish by taking her out because I want to save money. I am sacrificing my daugthers education for money right? Then I got to thinking no not at all, she isn't even due to go to preschool for another few years this was just a "fun time" sort a thing. So I am taking her out. She does dance once a week and it is 35.00 a month and we can walk to the studio that is good enough for now. Thanks to those two that replied it actually helps to know that I am not doing the wrong thing.

Ashley
Old 12-04-2007, 10:05 AM   #6
kut10s_gur
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Check out and see if there any mops groups around you get a break and get to talk to other moms she gets to play w/ other kids dues are like $3 a month. Also check out play groups or start your own. Nc also has headstart if she's 3 Good luc.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:07 AM   #7
jackie010307
Registered Users
seller

I drive an expedition too so I feel your pain on gas money. Unfortunately it's the smallest thing that fits my 3 seats for the kids across the middle row and has enough room in the back for a crate for a 100lb dog, a full size stroller, and stuff for 5 people for when we go out of town, which is usually once a month! You aren't being selfish at all. It really wouldn't be good for your dd to know that you are stressed about the money it costs for her to go to school, and they pick up on these things even if we think they don't!
Old 12-04-2007, 12:50 PM   #8
mom2riley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would also take her out. Do you have anything like My Gym near you? My son goes there and loves the interaction.
Leilani '10
mom2riley is offline   Reply With Quote