Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2006, 09:18 PM   #31
roseselene
Registered Users

Re: Extended Breastfeeders post here....

DS is 19 months old and still going strong!!!
Amy

Advertisement

Old 05-01-2006, 10:06 PM   #32
mommysews
Registered Users

My Mood:

Leah is 38m and nursing 3ish times a day (wants more, but I can't take it) and Mary is 16m and nursing around the clock. Amazing since I never imagined nursing past a year and tandem nursing was just plain wierd

Ann
mommysews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:02 AM   #33
jodi5
Registered Users

Nursed my first for over 39 months and now have a 5 1/2 month old that is EBF.
jodi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:19 AM   #34
Shawn
Registered Users

I'm at a milestone! 18 months on 5/11! 1-3x a day and once at night. DS1 self-weaned at 10.5 months when I was pg with DS2 - both DD's were weaned at 6 weeks (lack of support and info - no excuse, I know, but that's in the past).

Not sure how long we'll do this. We're planning a big move at the end of this month, so I know he'll still be bf for a few more months at least . Or, maybe not????
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:27 AM   #35
christinewith4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Talking Re: Extended Breastfeeders post here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvlg
I think I qualify. Charles Henry is 38 months and still nurses 3-5 times a day. Tom is 13 months and nurses off and on day and night. I feel like a total and complete cow these days.
Mary
Um. Yeah. You would qualify...lol! 38mths??!! My 5yr old would still be nrsing if I let him...
christinewith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:37 AM   #36
christinewith4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Cool Re: Extended Breastfeeders post here....

Here's my count:

Michael-nursed exclusively until 7mths (He was a biter, I was 15 & couldnt deal w/ teeth) He is now almost 11yrs.

Christopher-nursed until 14mths, and it took ANOTHER year to get him out of my shirt! lol. He is now 5yrs.

Thomas- nursed until 16mths. He is now 28mths.

Andrew- currently nursing. He is 3mths, and I figure, what the hey, I am planning for 18mths this time! My goal is to nurse exclusively until 6mths, nothing but BM, but I think he is in a growth spurt right now & it's scaring me, I use disposable diapers at night sometimes and put in a sz 1-2 a couple days ago, and then went to put him in one last night and it was WAY TO SMALL, I barely got it around his legs! I cant wait to weigh and measure him- I know at his 2mth ck up he had already grown 4inches...
Anyway, thats out house!
christinewith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:54 AM   #37
Abunchofus
Registered Users
seller

My first 4 self-weaned about 11 months when they changed to sippy cups. My 5th self-weaned at 15 months - I was expecting our 6th. Our 6th will be 1 in a few days and still nurses 5 or so times a day but sleeps through the night - ocassionally wakes about midnight to nurse but not all the time. I hope to continue nursing him as long as he wants to. I used to say I'd wean by a year but didn't with our 5th and definately won't with our 6th or future little ones! I'm blessed though that our last 2 have been smaller so they don't look a year old so I don't get a lot of comments! That and I'm such a straight forward bold sort of person that most people won't approach me! I still nurse in public any time we are out eating. Or if we are at the mall and he needs to nurse I put him in his sling and nurse him or sit and nurse him! That and we own the restaurant that we usually eat in so if someone said something to management about it- they'd be like "uhhh - she owns the place"
Old 05-05-2006, 10:56 AM   #38
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinewith4
Andrew- currently nursing. He is 3mths, and I figure, what the hey, I am planning for 18mths this time! My goal is to nurse exclusively until 6mths, nothing but BM, but I think he is in a growth spurt right now & it's scaring me...
sounds like your bm is doing him good! you're doing great!
Old 05-05-2006, 03:33 PM   #39
bobandjess99
Registered Users
seller

dd is almost 20 months.......some days only a few times, some days she's a boob-fiend!
bobandjess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 04:47 PM   #40
MelissaCoffey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My little guy is 2 1/2. We weaned a few months back because it was killing me to nurse while pregnant. After our baby was born (he had Thanatophoric Dysplasia and only lived for 40 precious minutes), my midwife encouraged me to start nursing my son again, because my body wouldn't know the baby had died. He is thrilled and it has really helped my heart.
MelissaCoffey is offline   Reply With Quote