View Poll Results: where do you bf your LO
everywhere 145 81.92%
mostly in private 28 15.82%
other (explain) 4 2.26%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2007, 06:48 AM   #41
mom2abunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: where will you bf?

voted anywhere here...well i wouldn't choose a public bathroom lol. but i have gone into a public bathroom already nursing my baby (in sling) while i watched my 4yo ds while he went and washed up.

Advertisement

dh, babe, me, ds, dd, ds, ds
mom2abunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:17 AM   #42
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Although I have nursed DD in numerous public places, the VAST majority of her boob time takes place at home. I mean, that's where we are much of the time. Now that she's so distractable, I will find a quiet place with less distraction so that I can keep my nipples attached to my breasts! No restrooms, though. And I DO like the car (front seat) because we can both stretch out and relax.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:12 AM   #43
mothersky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I chose everywhere but it depends on the situation. I've certainly NIP, but in someone's private home, I ask for their comfort before "whipping it out" so to speak.

Sometimes at a large gathering, we need to find a quiet space for DD to focus, but otherwise, anytime, anywhere.
mothersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:36 AM   #44
notsomuch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey man! I breastfeed at church. If you can't breastfeed at church, then where can you? We live with our in-laws. And I have to say, I've even had my daughter latch on in front of my father in law. I do try to be discreet, but I know I'm not going to get a blanket in my own house just to have her lift it, toss it, and whatever else she can do with it.
an 8 year old ,(VBAC), and a 4 year old (VBAC #2)
Why on earth is this laundry lady smiling?
notsomuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:36 AM   #45
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I even BF standing in line at the DMV LOL
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:31 AM   #46
AddysMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

anywhere i am, i "whip it out" and nurse when dd2 is hungry or needs comfort.
and with the lact-aid i use for at the breast supplimentation, i need to see allthats going on, so i not only dont use any cover up, but i wear shirts i can come out the top of on purpose. if i didnt, nursing could be a bit more difficult for us.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:53 PM   #47
justme77
Registered Users

If I had the guts --- everywhere. I was asked to leave a restaurant once and then like the next week I went to my first playgroup (very mainstream) and when I started to nurse (my 8 wk old DD) was asked to go into the back of the house! I'm quite the hypocrite though, bcause I can talk a good game! I can argue why bfeeding shouldn't be an issue anywhere and no one should have a problem w/ it and so on -- but after being "shunned" I do get nervous and usually head to my car. :0( My family has gotten used to it though, so I do nurse in front of FIL, BIL's (plural), My pappa, and so on... Hopefully it'll be different and I'll be brave and bold (like my mouth) for baby #2!

Last edited by justme77; 12-12-2007 at 01:56 PM.
justme77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:10 PM   #48
Alexia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Everywhere....except the sanctuary (I haven't quite worked up the courage yet!) and the grocery store (I have huge boobs and still cannot figure out how to shop and nurse).
The Mommy Rambles...
Alexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:18 AM   #49
AlexandZoesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok - I did vote everywhere - but not during services at church - that just feels a little too odd to me. I just step out into the hall. Otherwise, yeah I have surprised myself with how little I mind breastfeeding almost anywhere.