Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #1
Registered Users
Crunchy Magicall elastic?

I am getting ready to sell some of my dipes that my little guy has grown out of. Whenever I sell I try to be really meticulous at looking for flaws. Especially after a sale a few months ago, where I sold a Magicall and later I saw the mama I sold it to was selling it basically FFS because of shot elastic. I was pretty sure it didn't have shot elastic when I sent it, but I felt sooo bad and thought maybe it just slipped past me b/c I don't know too much about Magicalls and how their elastic is supposed to be. I refunded her, but still felt bad.

So now I'm inspecting my for sale pile, including my sole remaining Magicall. I pulled at the leg elastic, and it crunched! It sounded like it was cracking apart as I pulled it. I tried the other leg, then the waist, and they all did that! Has anyone had that happen? I didn't do anything different with it than I do with my pockets or AIOs, and I've *never* had a problem. It also wasn't like that when I put it away in preparation for selling.

And what should I do? Just offer it FFS? I would like to get at least some of my $ back from it, especially since I only used it like twice. I'm also hoping that this isn't a regular flaw. I'd hate for some other mamas to have a whole stash of these go bad!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts/experiences!

<>< Mama of 3 inquiring minds (ages 6, 5, and 2)
Blast from the past feedback
meena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:09 PM   #2
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:
Re: Crunchy Magicall elastic?

I bought a gigantic (well 12, LOL) lot of KL 0s awhile back that had shot elastic - crunchy just like you're explaining. I bet if you put it right next to a Magicall w/o shot elastic it would look kinda flat (best way I can describe it). Anyway, I did buy them at a pretty reduced price (still trying to remember how much I paid, but that's not that important). I think first I would try SELLING it at a reduced price disclosing ALL problems with it (I'm sure you will, LOL) and see if someone bites - maybe they can replace elastic and it's worth it to them. Then if it seems like no one wants it, offer it FFS. My KLs are still USABLE and I don't plan on fixing the elastic. So that's what I would try anyway - good luck!
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:23 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Crunchy Magicall elastic?

Have you tried contacting Wonderworks with that. Maybe she had a batch with bad elastic, seeing that you didn't use it much. Mine are used daily, and no crunchy elastic so far.
MCR is offline   Reply With Quote