Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2007, 02:10 AM   #11
luvmybaby333
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone else hate the family bed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedbison View Post
DD begs to sleep with us. DS wakes up sometimes in the middle of the night and winds up sleeping with us. Sometimes DS and DD wake up in the wee hours of the morning and both wind up in bed with us.

I hate it.

I love when all my little chicks are happily sleeping in their own little nests. I really love when DH falls asleep on the couch downstairs watching tv and I get the WHOLE bed to myself.

I really like my space. It makes me feel AP guilt though. I told DD tonight "We do not believe in the family bed. Get out and go to your room!" DH laughed. DD didn't get it but went to her own room nonetheless. I feel bad if she's scared or lonely. But not bad enough to let her in my room...

I let DS sleep with us after he wakes to eat... but only to preserve my sanity of getting up and down in the middle of the night. I was okay with him in my room in his bassinet for the first couple of months. But I really like him in his own bed in his own room.

Our dog sleeps in the corner of our room. I'd kinda like to kick him out too. He snores and it bothers me.

Is anyone else in my boat? I try to be really AP. But they crowd me! Maybe if we had a king size bed it would be different. But there is seriously barely enough room in our queen bed for DH and me.
It didn't bother me for quite awhile. But I recently moved in with my SO and I'm not living alone for the first time. My daughter is also almost 5 and she still wakes up EVERY night to crawl into bed with us. It wouldn't bother me so bad... but I'm pregnant now and I get SUPER hot and claustraphobic. Sometimes I will even leave them both in the "big" bed and go to sleep in my DDs bed... but she always finds me, *sigh*

Advertisement

Old 12-11-2007, 02:11 AM   #12
suthrnmomto3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ahhh I like the idea of one room with nothing but bed...too sleep would be ooooooooo so great...I'm alittle tired of it sometimes...of course it's me on my king sized bed with brylei (3), taelyn (2), lachlan (3 months) and dh...then when my 6 year old isn't at her grandmas...makenzi is in there too...all the girls like to sleep sideways it seems so I never get rest anymore...(kicked, hit, afraid they will hurt lachlan)...and either dh or me and dh wind up out of the bed.... They refuse to sleep in their own bed...the older ones i mean...i still like sleeping with them just not the kicking and hitting and stealing my pillow and getting upright before i fall in the floor...our couch sucks...soooooooo not comfortable...but the older girls...if they do happen to fall asleep in their bed or something...they never sleep long at all...maybe just 2-4 hours and that is it...lachlan will sleep in his bassinette and the end of the bed at time when i want alittle more rest...(not worrying about him getting kicked)...but wakes up to eat and then sometimes wont get back in it...so oh well...any ideas to get stuborn harheaded kids out of my bed? ***WARNING VERY HARDHEADED!!!!!!!*** lol
Old 12-11-2007, 06:20 AM   #13
foxygoober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have ds in our bed between us, he's 3 . . .hubby would like him out . . . but I prefer to sleep next to ds because I can move him away from me at night!!! DH on the other hand is kind of smothering. Anyhow we solved the too little bed thing by setting up a twin bed next to our double bed. I have no idea what will work with the lo to come. . .

Anyhow there are plenty of times that I would like to have my own bed to fall asleep in!
Old 12-11-2007, 06:25 AM   #14
4HisGlory
Registered Users
Formerly: 2&1ontheway
seller

I do... we only let them in bed with us when they are sick etc... they squirm and flop and snore and I get NO sleep... I don't even like having a newborn sleep in my room... all the little noises keep me up!!! I love having the bed to just me and DH
Old 12-11-2007, 06:33 AM   #15
sillymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

A family bed would not work for me. I had enough trouble learning to share a bed with DH after we got married. DD slept in a pack'n'play in our room until about 4 months old when she started sleeping through the night; and from then on she started sleeping in a crib in her room. This is what works for us and I don't feel any guilt about it. We all wake up refreshed this way.
sillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:44 AM   #16
mollies73
Registered Users

I always feel horrible after sleeping with my kids. I'm so tired that I feel sick to my stomach, and my back hurts so badly, I can hardly move. Usually when the kids ask to sleep with us, I say, "sure!" Then I wait until they're asleep and sneek out to sleep in one of their beds, leaving them all in bed with daddy (except for the baby of course).
Old 12-11-2007, 07:40 AM   #17
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It doesn't work for us. DD (10.5 months) sleeps through the night finally in her crib. Not with us, though. She wants to crawl all over us and play every time she wakes up. She wiggles and rolls around and wakes me up. She and I are both better off with her in the crib.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:49 AM   #18
nickelmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used to love the kiddos sleeping with us but not anymore. DS kicks like crazy and dd wakes up and pokes you in the eye or pulls your hair...not fun! DS sleeps in his own bed now and he never gets out of it in the middle of the night. I call him my "Olympic sleeper". He hasn't slept with us since he was 17 months old. My dd is just getting to where she sleeps through the night in her crib and I love it. I love waking up with dh next to me and when we go to bed at night it is our time to talk quietly til we fall asleep. I don't feel guilty. I need my time with my husband alone. I like the adult conversation and giggling. I appreciate my babies more when I have sleep time to myself and can wake up and go in their rooms in the morning with a big smile on my face saying "good morning!"
Old 12-11-2007, 09:14 AM   #19
KatiesMom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I love the family bed. But dd sleeps in her side carred crib. Even if I fall asleep while nursing her she will roll over to her crib on her own. She needs her own space like her mama.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:08 AM   #20
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh mama, I feel you! We have a full size bed and last night it was DD, DS, DH, and me.. which really doesnt work well. It was great when DD was tiny, but these days I really miss actually being able to SLEEP! DD is almost one and nearly always winds up in our bed.. DS is almost 2 and about 3-4 times a week winds up in our bed.. and UGH, there just isnt enough room! I feel like my sleep is so poor and broken that i wake up feeling just as exhausted as the night before. I wish i had advice, but I can only offer