Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2007, 10:27 AM   #21
Amanda Blue
Registered Users

Re: Anyone else hate the family bed?

..so oh well...any ideas to get stuborn harheaded kids out of my bed? ***WARNING VERY HARDHEADED!!!!!!!*** lol[/QUOTE]

My daughter is the most stubborn child ever. I thought I'd never get her out of my bed. She's 4, and my baby is 6 months. I thought nothing would work. Then we tried the sticker chart. Everyday she stayed in her bed the whole night she got a sticker on her chart. After 5 days we would go to McDonalds to eat and play. It's her favorite thing, so this worked really well. If she asked to sleep with me, I would tell her she could, but remind her that she wouldn't get a sticker. That worked so well. She now stays in her bed all the time. It was amazing how well it worked.

Advertisement

Amanda Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:46 AM   #22
S Starr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We never did co-sleeping, but sometimes I bring DD to our bed if she's really upset and/or sick. We always end up with something like "Can you jump? Hop! Hop! Hop!" (w/appropriate movements...) at 3 am! Cute, but I wouldn't want night after night of it.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:07 PM   #23
MandyLee
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackermd View Post
I swear the next house I buy,,, there's going to be a room that's just a bed... so I can have room to sleep!

when I say room... I mean a CUSTOM BED in a room with NO area to walk... just a bed.
I want that too!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #24
tinab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I loved co-sleeping, but after over 4 years of it I really want to have it be just DH and I for a bit. Besides, the 4 year old kicks the crap out of us (she is now most of the time in her bed), and the baby is starting to do the same. My aching back and head and body...
Soon to be TTC #3; the final chapter!
Moola Invites
tinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:30 PM   #25
Monkeytaylz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used to love co-sleeping, but it is getting crowded. Ds will be 4 next week, and dd is 20 months. they kick, squirm, wiggle. I usually end up almost falling off every night. How do you get them out of your bed???
Monkeytaylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:24 PM   #26
hobbsandbean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2&1ontheway View Post
I do... we only let them in bed with us when they are sick etc... they squirm and flop and snore and I get NO sleep... I don't even like having a newborn sleep in my room... all the little noises keep me up!!! I love having the bed to just me and DH
Hee hee. This is totally us. I do keep the new babies in a basket right by me, but that didn't last long with Cal - he is SOOOOOOOO noisy. If we were all in bed together, NO ONE (except maybe the cat) would sleep at all. And we would be bruised. And cranky.
baby keelah . 3 months, finalizing adoption now!
hobbsandbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:26 PM   #27
maggie_may
Happy Knits
seller

My Mood:

I love cosleeping with my DD. But not with my DH. So DD and I sleep in one queen bed and DH in his room. He snores and takes up too much room!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:20 PM   #28
rmneill
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2&1ontheway View Post
I do... we only let them in bed with us when they are sick etc... they squirm and flop and snore and I get NO sleep... I don't even like having a newborn sleep in my room... all the little noises keep me up!!! I love having the bed to just me and DH
Old 12-11-2007, 08:26 PM   #29
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

Well, I love it...mostly. We have coslept with all our kids. The girls are in their own beds/rooms now, but we still have the boys in our bed. I am totally for the baby remaining in our bed, but our 2 year old is getting too big and he is very annoying when he sleeps! No covers, must be halfway on top of me, etc. I am soooo ready to kick him out of my bed! He does have a toddler bed in our room that we are trying to transition him to. We put him in it after he falls asleep but if he wakes up then he comes to our bed.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:33 PM   #30
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherElyse View Post
Before we bought the queen it was DH and myself in a twin sized bed, now that was cozy.
Oh my! Don't think I could do that.

Co-sleeping is definitely second choice for me, but it still ranks above not sleeping if DD won't settle into her own bed. DH has always said he absolutely does not want babies in bed with him, which is fine, I use the guest room when I sleep with a kid. DS is 2.5 and almost always sleeps through the night in his bed. DD is 8 months and at this point, usually sleeps in her crib til 5 a.m. or so and then I sleep in the guest room with her.

Just recently DH has wound up twice being the one to go take care of DS in the night, because I was in the guest room with DD. His "no babies in our bed" rule did not survive his FIRST NIGHT of nighttime duty. DS wound up in bed with him at 3 a.m. Last night he did it again! Wimp! When I think how I dragged myself up out of bed every 2 hours for months with DS, while working full time, before I figured out my part-time cosleeping arrangement. And DH didn't last 1 night.
momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote