Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2007, 07:44 AM   #1
BeckyP
Registered Users
seller

car seat question

Is it safe to use those car seat cover things for the bucket seats. The ones that cover the baby to keep them warm in the winter?

Advertisement

Old 12-11-2007, 09:21 AM   #2
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: car seat question

not the ones that go under and over baby. We used the "shower cap" style ones. Just watch for air flow safety.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:26 AM   #3
raelynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoed View Post
not the ones that go under and over baby. We used the "shower cap" style ones. Just watch for air flow safety.
You want to use one of the ones that just pulls over the seat (with an elastic around the edges). You dont want anything between the baby and the seat, because not only does it add an inch of padding that that would make the straps too loose (in a collision) but most of those carseat bags interfere with the straps being at the proper height (i.e. the slots done line up correctly so the straps have to go up, through the slots on the bag, then down towards baby).

I've earned $75 with Swagbucks AND I've lost 108.8lbs ISO MM Poppies
raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:54 PM   #4
LauraI
Registered Users
seller
seller

The covers are fine, but the "bunting" ones that go under the baby will void the warranty on your car seat. That being said, I personally feel that they are unsafe even though tons of people use them.

My Eddie Bauer carseat came with a cover but it doesn't cover the face. Another one would be the Kidoppottomus ones you can get at Target. I think they have a few more - just go to the bunting category and look for ones that say "cover" in them.

And, check out the Dafooni ones, where you may not need to use blankets for covering up the face.

The popular JJ Cole bunting bags may be great and handy, but not particularly safe. It's the bulk of them that prevents the seatbelts from fitting correctly.
LauraI is offline   Reply With Quote