Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2007, 01:24 PM   #1
Mommy2LivandNoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My DD is throwing up..

Neither one of my children have ever had any tummy issues...so this is the first time I've had to clean up vomit. Its sooo gross..and I feel ick too...I don't know if its from cleaning her's up, or because I'm sick too..

I've been sanitizing stuff she touches, and washing hands..but what else can I do to keep things clean. I have a 9 1/2 month old who's in to everything..

Also, I'm not the kind to rush her to the doctor..since she's not running a fever or anything..I am giving her some coloidal silver and some ginger...anything else?

Advertisement

Old 12-11-2007, 02:37 PM   #2
mom2~3offspring
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My DD is throwing up..

try keeping her down resting.. dont forcse liquids in her right away, if theres a bug in her tummy it will only come right back up.. Wait a hr after she vomits and try a teaspoon or sip of pedly or gingerale not water. if she holds it down and wants another sip than let her so on.... Thats what i was told last yr.. Oh and dont worry as long as she pees its all good but not pee in 24 hrs ya better take her in.. The docs say to do temp in the bum for best reading fever tends to make young ones barf..

Hang in there barfs suck
mom2~3offspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:43 PM   #3
todzwife
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Bleach EVERYTHING. Let her stomach rest like the PP said before pushing fluids, and take it SLOWLY. A lot of trouble comes from parents forcing fluids too soon.

Hope she feels better soon. We just did this in October.
todzwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:46 PM   #4
flobee76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you are worried about her being dehydtrated, it's okay to nurse her or give a teaspoon of breastmilk at a time. That is easily absorbed. Some kids find it easier to have something to vomit rather than dry-heave.

As for what you can give her, you can try some GSE or probiotics. You can start taking GSE yourself, maybe even sneak it in to your younger one as well.

Use GSE or bleach to clean everything in sight!!

Hope you all stay or get healthy soon!!!
Mom to DD (5/04), DS (8/07), DD (2/09)DD (5/13), Blessing #4 in the arms of Jesus 11/2011

Jesus-follower, Traditional Foodie, Homeschooler, frugal-er
flobee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:56 PM   #5
Mommy2LivandNoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas!!

This is gross..
Old 12-11-2007, 03:27 PM   #6
bug2003
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh, Kayla, I feel for you. Brandon's still not over the tummy bug. He's stopped throwing up so far (last time was on Sunday night), but he has diarrhea now.

Make sure you only give her bland foods, nothing too acidic. Pedialyte is really good at helping them as well.

I hope she gets better soon. If she's gets really lethargic, she's probably dehydrated and may need to go to the hospital to have iv flulids. Most of the time kids bounce back pretty easily, though.

Last edited by bug2003; 12-11-2007 at 03:28 PM.
bug2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:37 PM   #7
Mommy2LivandNoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She's thrown up 5 times today...once she done it, she's like completely normal, and then boom it hits her again..Thankfully several of them have made it into the trash can she is sitting next to. However, she keeps telling me she's hungry and then when I give her something, like 20 minutes later, she throws it back up. I'm giving her some pedialyte and I just gave her a piece of toast..which she's only eaten 2 bites out of...and she hasn't peed since this morning...so I'm going to watch her to be sure she doesn't need to make a trip to the ER...

Thanks for the help Tami..I was so thinking of you when this happened. Its amazing how you think you couldn't possibly clean up this stuff and somehow manage yourself, and then you just do...I just feel bad for her. She's never been sick like this and it scares her so much when it happens..
Old 12-11-2007, 04:12 PM   #8
Myles_104
Registered Users

Get an ice cream pail, and make her carry it, and if she throws up after eating, as cruel as this sounds, don't feed her. If she successfully keeps liquids down, give her broth. No solids tho. Hope she gets better, throwing up sucks as much for the kids as the mom.
Myles_104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:29 AM   #9
Mommy2LivandNoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mama's! She threw up till about 12:30 last night and nothing since..so I'm hoping it was just one of those 24 hour ones..she hasn't really eaten much today, but she's kept water down really well...so I'm going to try to add some food soon.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:46 AM   #10
teenbean31
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kayla...hope she feels better soon. No experience yet with all that...not looking forward it. I'm sure it scares her...poor thing.