Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2007, 01:41 PM   #1
maryjane
Registered Users

Need advice pregnancy and alcohol.

I thought that might get everyone's attention. Dh and I recently started ttc. September was a neg., October was a neg., November was a neg. So, we are still trying. I'm nursing so my cycles still aren't normal. They just started back in September. So anyway, I'm going to a party tonight. It's my bellydance troupes annual Christmas party. There's going to be champagne punch which I LOVE. But I don't know if it's safe to drink. Ovulation if it was on time was last Wednesday which we ttc the week leading up to it and a couple days after. So impantation hasn't even occurred yet. I'm thinking that since implantation hasn't occurred yet if there's even a fert egg that it's ok. I'm thinking alcohol during pregnancy is only dangerous once the placenta has formed. Is that right? Is this a ridiculously stupid question? I have a cold and my brain is so foggy I can't think straight. WDYT?

Advertisement

maryjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:42 PM   #2
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need advice pregnancy and alcohol.

I think alcohol during pregnancy is okay in MODERATION, like extreme moderation. At your point I wouldn't even worry about it at all.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:53 PM   #3
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would be scared of possible miscarriage If I ware serious about TTC I would abstain from drinking.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:01 PM   #4
lisadoni
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Relaxing can be one of the best things to do while TTC. I attended a bachelorette party (and drank, but not a lot) at about the same point in my cycle when I conceived my adorable and healthy twin girls. I had two miscarriages prior to that and hadn't had any alcohol.

IMHO, if it's a drink you're looking forward to then treat yourself to one glass and enjoy the night.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:32 PM   #5
isis0821
Registered Users
seller

Cool Re: Need advice pregnancy and alcohol.

I conceived my son the night after a big party (although we weren't "trying") and also had quite a few drinks with DH the next week for our 1 year anniversary. When I found out I was pregnant, I told the doctor I was concerned about having consumed more than a few drinks on those nights, and she said that I had nothing to worry about so early on.
isis0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:37 PM   #6
adrocksmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't worry.
adrocksmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:52 PM   #7
craftymomto5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: Need advice pregnancy and alcohol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes View Post
I would be scared of possible miscarriage If I ware serious about TTC I would abstain from drinking.
I totally agree. If I were really serious about ttc I wouldn't want to chance anything. I don't think alcohol consumption during pregnancy is appropriate either. Your baby's health while in utero and once born comes first and foremost.
craftymomto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:56 PM   #8
mum2James&Julia
Registered Users
Formerly: mum2James&Bean
seller

My Mood:

If the baby is meant to stick it's going to stick regardless of your alcohol consumption. Babies aren't living so perilously in there as some people might think. In moderation, I wouldn't be concerned in the slightest!

Last edited by mum2James&Julia; 12-11-2007 at 05:15 PM.
mum2James&Julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:12 PM   #9
mama2cody
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis0821 View Post
I conceived my son the night after a big party (although we weren't "trying") and also had quite a few drinks with DH the next week for our 1 year anniversary. When I found out I was pregnant, I told the doctor I was concerned about having consumed more than a few drinks on those nights, and she said that I had nothing to worry about so early on.
Similar situation here. I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks after a couple of binges. Thankfully I was *only* seriously 2-3 weeks pregnant at that time. I could not believe we found out so early. I haven't had a drop since. People want me to go drinking with them and pump & dump my milk since I am bf'ing. I don't want to but I know people that have. I guess some people just don't think it's a big deal.
mama2cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:39 PM   #10
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

the fertilized egg is not going to be affected by a drink. it is 'floating around' in there at this point. *I* would not worry too much about it at this point. this may be the last drink you have for a veerrrryyyy long time! enjoy it!!