Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-11-2007, 05:00 PM   #1
with knickers always in a twist
My Mood:
Which play yard--does it matter?

DD is sitting up and rolling all over the floor. I know it is only a matter of time until the dreaded (and yet so darn exciting) crawl. We have hardwood floors and two dogs so DH and I want to get her a little play yard to define HER area. It is more to keep the dogs away from her toys that are very much like the toys they cannot have--and they jingle and squeak making them all the more enticing.

I have narrowed it down to these two. It seems while I was writing this post the second one got relisted by amazon and now has free shipping. So the question is how worth it is it to have a taller play yard? The first one is 4" taller but would cost $20 more and the extension (not sure if we need it) would be $10 extra...but the extension on the second one does not have free shipping so in the end they cost the same.

Bobrobbit Handmade prefolds in eco-friendly bamboo and hemp!
If you are missing feedback from me, please let me know!
pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:07 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Which play yard--does it matter?

I used the playard XT and it worked awesome inside and outside. It folds down so easy to take with you. My son never was able to push it over. We didn't have the extension and it was large enough. Actually we had two one was a designated play area inside and the other outside by the pool and camping.

Last edited by gfarley; 12-11-2007 at 07:09 PM.
gfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:50 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Which play yard--does it matter?

DD is 10 months. I have never felt the need for a play yard. In the beginning, we kept the PNP up as a "baby jail" when I needed to potty, cook, etc. But honestly, she just cried a lot of the time. She likes the excersaucer or jumperoo much better! We jumperoo every morning while I get ready for work. She laughs and jumps for about 30 minutes.

We just baby proofed the heck out of our upstairs by the computer, close the bedroom doors, and have a gate for the stairs. This way she is free to roam and play, and she is safe.
Middle school teacher by day, super mom by night
Mommy to The Boss~2007, The Energizer Bunny~2009, and The Princess~2011
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote