Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2006, 10:52 AM   #1
houseofchaos
Registered Users
seller

Little Beetles opinions

I am thinking about getting some of these. Anyone willing to give me some reviews? What do you like/dislike? How is the fit? Any other info would be appreciated!

Advertisement

houseofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:57 AM   #2
betty_joanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Little Beetles opinions

I got a used bettle here. It is supposed to be a size two but no where on it does it say size two. It is just the hemp one with the roundish "beetle" sewn into the diaper.
My daughter is chubby and has a 19/20" rise and the little beetle is way to small and has a short rise. It is one the last diapers i pick up. It also stains horribly. I hve found through trial and error that i totally don't like hemp.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:59 PM   #3
amyers
Registered Users
seller

I have a size one, whatever their basic fitted is (not a lite, or a "one" or whatever the new one is) for my ~16lber. She has a low rise, and relatively chubby thighs. I like the fit on her. She's got room in the waist still. As far as absorbency, it's pretty good, though I got the leaf doubler too. It's not night worthy for us, but it lasts a little longer than our other fitteds.

Dislikes? I dislike the fold back tabs for the aplix. . . They don't work. And it's all "crudded up" now.

I don't know, for the price, I'm not overly impressed, though certainly more impressed than the pp! lol. I'll continue using it, but am not currently planning to buy more. . .
Old 07-08-2006, 09:54 AM   #4
Laniemel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know it's been awhile since you started this thread, but I had to put my in. I love Little Beetles. I bought 8 of them used. These were the Hemp Lites. My daughter is 8 months old and a chunky 24 pounds. These diapers are a size 2 and fit her great! So trim and I love the low rise. They are super absorbant too. She's gone during a 2 1/2 hour nap without leaking and she is supa-soaker. I'm going to buy new originals for night-time use. I use the extra doubler you put under the sewn in one and a flannel liner. Works fantastic. I don't know what I like better, the snaps or the aplix. I haven't had any problems with staining and she has sticky gross poops, too. I think these are well worth the money. Good luck.

Oh yeah, I haven't had any problems with the fold-back laundry tabs, either.
Laniemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 10:19 AM   #5
Momof3Boys
Registered Users

I had 2 with snaps...My DS is about 28 lbs. and is just outgrowing the size 2. We really liked them. We had one of the "plush" ones & one OC/OV. They were super soft, trim, and absorbent.
Momof3Boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 10:28 AM   #6
momovthree
Registered Users
seller

I find they run on the small size. I really liked the velour ones better than the hemp. The new ONE is supposed to be really nice although I haven't tried one. I just sold my size 2's because they run so small, my guy needs the toddler size.

On the plus side, they are trim and very absorbant. They work really well.
momovthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 10:31 AM   #7
momovthree
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_joanne
I got a used bettle here. It is supposed to be a size two but no where on it does it say size two. It is just the hemp one with the roundish "beetle" sewn into the diaper.
My daughter is chubby and has a 19/20" rise and the little beetle is way to small and has a short rise. It is one the last diapers i pick up. It also stains horribly. I hve found through trial and error that i totally don't like hemp.
I think you got that one from me, I'm sorry you didn't like it It definitely was a size two. I'm in the same boat over here, they run small. We need to try the toddler size!
Old 07-08-2006, 12:45 PM   #8
Ginamcf
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well, I didn't like the hemp for two reasons, I get hemp stink in all my hemp and I got the one with no closures for use with a snappi and these things don't let a snappi grab so it always pops off. My second try was an OC with velcro. Her velcro is not sticky enough and it just undid itself all the time.

All that said my third try was an OV with snaps and I love it. The snaps actually stay closed! I have always loved the fit of these no matter what other issues I had which is why I have tried all the different combos. I recommend you try snaps no matter what material you decide upon.
Mommy to Ian (10), Gavin (3) and #3 due 3/09.
Ginamcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:29 PM   #9
betty_joanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momovthree
I think you got that one from me, I'm sorry you didn't like it It definitely was a size two. I'm in the same boat over here, they run small. We need to try the toddler size!
I measured it when the pp put down the measurments so it is definetly a 2. I just am not a hemp person apparently because they are the ones i reach for last.
A lot of people do like them if you look at the diaper pin reviews. I am just not one of them.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:34 PM   #10
momovthree
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_joanne
I measured it when the pp put down the measurments so it is definetly a 2. I just am not a hemp person apparently because they are the ones i reach for last.
A lot of people do like them if you look at the diaper pin reviews. I am just not one of them.
Well everyone likes something different. That's what I love about having boards like this. I can try something first and if I totally love it, I can buy more. If not, then sell it.